Asrock 330ht win7 + remote control
Question 
hi,

this remote seems to be my bane at the moment, I was initially running Ubuntu, but after an update stopped the remote working, and reading all the solutions, it appeared I needed another Matrix Brain Download to Learn Ubuntu! Well seeing as I know Windows, I thought move to that, all will be easy! ha. nice thought.

anyway. 1st problem windows button launches Windows Media Center. I solved this by uninstalling that pile of c**p.

and now its stopped doing media center thing it turns out that using the remote is just not as nice as it was under Ubunto. Now I appreciate that some of you may not have this experience as you may have just got straight to windows. but heres the thing, my remote which comes with the 330HT Ion thingy, has 4 little buttons which switched between Music/Videos/Photos etc, now these don't work. The Volumn control doesn't even work?

I've not exhausted the remote to be honest, it didn't work long enough under ubunto for me to get really familier with it. What I'd like to know am I missing some driver for this thing? or do I need to configure the shortcut keys mapped to the buttons or something? any ideas I would be very glad to hear from you.

cheers
In Win7 the remote is compatible with an MS remote (assuming you didn't install any extra remote drivers). Grab mceremote.zip from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ and follow the instructions in the readme.txt.

JR
hi, thanks for the advice. I've already installed the nuvoton CIR driver, you think this will cause problems?
purplemonkey Wrote:hi, thanks for the advice. I've already installed the nuvoton CIR driver, you think this will cause problems?

Yes.

JR
humm. rebuild or will a uninstall do the trick?
purplemonkey Wrote:humm. rebuild or will a uninstall do the trick?

I vaguely remember someone else asking the same question. I think they just uninstalled the driver and that did the trick. Personnally I rebuild my PCs at the least excuse because that way I can be sure they're working perfectly ;-)

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asrock 330ht win7 + remote control0