Dharma on Ubuntu 64 bit issues
Hi folks,

Sorry if the issues had been asked, but I was unable to find similar post using the forum tool. Recently I decided to upgrade my XBMC to Dharma to hopefully enjoy the latest advantages. But I ran into two major issues:

1. Some (maybe all, but I have not tried all of them) addons do not work, for example Latest Movies (Recently Added) or XBMC Subtitle. I always got Script Failed or Script Error. The example log for failed Latest Movies script is here.

2. XBMC regularly crashes after running one movie for about an hour. If I started XBMC from command line, it instructs me to open crash log (located in ~/). I also attached a log file (in ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log) here.

Below is specs of my system:
* Linux distribution: Ubuntu 10.04
* Architecture: x86_64
* uname -a: Linux iQ9300 2.6.31-11-rt #154-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT RT Wed Jun 9 13:40:34 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
* Installed method: SVN PPA
* SVN: 32246
* Skin: Confluence
* Reproduce issues: just open XBMC with Latest Movie enabled at Home, error 1 will show up. Run a movie for a while, crash will happen
* Logs: see above
* Hardware specs: Q9300 overlocked to 3GHz, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 260

Hopefully I already posted all necessary information, but in case anything needs further to help in analyzing issues, or in case I have misses something, please let me know.

Thanks,

D.
Think i can see the issue in the source. CPulseAudioDirectSound::AddPackets. The remapper writes to data allocated on stack which is of the wrong size. (ie doesn't take inte account that the remapper might change number of channels)

Try using alsa as audio output and see if the issue goes away to verify.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:Think i can see the issue in the source. CPulseAudioDirectSound::AddPackets. The remapper writes to data allocated on stack which is of the wrong size. (ie doesn't take inte account that the remapper might change number of channels)

Try using alsa as audio output and see if the issue goes away to verify.
Thanks Elupus. I believe you mentioned the 2nd issue, since the posted log file for 1st issue was wrong (fixed now). Anyway, after digging for a while (PulseAudio in lucid really drives me crazy how to select ALSA as output), I found how to make a change. I will try it and post back with result.

Now back with the Script Failed error, any idea? I have another 32 bit machine (lucid 10.04), and XBMC runs without any problem.

Thanks,

D.
dukevn Wrote:Thanks Elupus. I believe you mentioned the 2nd issue, since the posted log file for 1st issue was wrong (fixed now). Anyway, after digging for a while (PulseAudio in lucid really drives me crazy how to select ALSA as output), I found how to make a change. I will try it and post back with result.
UNfortunately the crash still happens. I used gstreamer-properties to select both input and output to be ALSA, and ran a movie yesterday. The same thing happened: XBMC crashed after about 1-2hr running.

Any other idea so that I can try?

D.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma on Ubuntu 64 bit issues0