lan access but no internet please help!!
Question 
Hi all, first i wanna thanks avery one. I have learn a lot reading here even though iam not a linux person. let me explain my problem
I have a zotac zbox hd-11 , I installed xbmc live 9.11 (the one in xbmc.org on 07/30/2010). after a couple of days reading and trying things I managed to get audio using hdmi by fallowing this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=540...stcount=32
then i desided to install wireless and a managed to get it working
using apt-get install linux-backports-modules-$(uname -r) and then
i fallowed the instrucctions here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=552...stcount=52
every thing worked fine for a few minuntes, but now the lan works fine through wireless or ethernet cable (i can see and play movies from my NAS)but I have no access to the internet. every time i try to use svn repo installer it stays in 0 for ever if i hit cancel it says canceling... for ever, if i go to the console (by presing crtl+alt+f1) and ping google.com it give me a responce for 3 or 4 pings but then stops pinging.

any idea? this is wierd i have local network but no internet access, and ofcourse the internet is working in my laptop throug the same ruter. and before the hole hdmi audion and wireless installation snv repo installer worked fine.

thanks in advance to all of you.
update: most of the time i get ping: unknown host google.com when i ping google.com
how did you setup your networking?

sounds like you either haven't set up a default route or added a valid dns server.
both eth0 and wlan0 are dhcp seted up
when I do an ifconfig they both have ip
what about /etc/resolv.conf
Inside the file is the dns-defined ...
in a console run the following and copy and past the output here

ifconfig
cat /etc/resolv.conf
route

Do you have both the wired lan and wifi connected?
my /etc/network/interfaces flie says as faloows
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wireless-essid myssid

the AP is using only mac filtering and the mac has already been added to the list
cat /etc/resolv.conf give
domain hsd1.fl.comcast.net
search hsd1.fl.comcast.net
nameserver 4.2.2.2
nameserver 4.2.2.1
nameserver 192.168.1.254

so the dns are correct

rute give comand not found
both are connected is that e problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
lan access but no internet please help!!0