Windows compile: OPENGL or DIRECTX?
Hi,

I'm trying to do a stable xbmc/windows environment here, but a question arised:

When I try to compile xbmc (svn 32737) with configuration 'OPENGL':
- I get an error message: '5>..\Modules\bz2module.c(12) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'bzlib.h': No such file or directory';
- Despicte the error message, visual studio 2008 generates a valid xbmc.exe, but when I run it, it show me some garbage below the video being played;

When I try to compile xbmc with configuration 'DIRECTX':
- I didn't get any error message;
- The video plays fine;

When I try to run the nightly build (in which configuration it is built?), the video runs fine.

As I understand, even when I'm using DIRECTX configuration, I'm still using DVDPlayer (OpenGL) for playing videos (as I not explicitly enabled DSPlayer).

So what is the REAL difference of using the 2 configurations for compiling on vs2008?

Regards,

Fernando

Edit: inserted svn revision used
DirectX is the official configuration and Direct3D is used for everything, GUI and players. That's how DXVA decoding is possible.

The OpenGL configuration is officially unsupported and breaks from time to time.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thank very much for the clarification.

Regards,

Fernando

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows compile: OPENGL or DIRECTX?0