Audio passthrough
Question 
Hi,

How do you configure xbmc to output audio via hdmi so that the tv can play downmixed audio, but also pass through audio to the optical out?

I had this working fine in linux version, but in windows I'm struggling.

Thanks
nobody any suggestions on this? am I missing something?
There's a long thread on how to do this, not sure where. It involves using ALSA.

EDIT: I'd like my crow well done please Smile
hehe no alsa in Windows Smile

What part are you struggling with, what are your settings?
And did you check in Windows that your hdmi output supports the compressed formats you want to passthrough?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Isn't that a restriction that came with Vista/7? You can only use one sound channel at a time.

As far as I know the only fix available is if you have a Realtek sound card.
This is the fix available from them;

Quote:"Hi,

Please try to copy the attached file (rtkhdaud.dat) to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers and then reboot system .

It will open the "Analog and Digital output at same time function" in Vista system .

Best Regards PC-Tech"

And here is the file: http://neosmart.net/downloads/guides/Vis...khdaud.zip

I might have misunderstood you though.
Handa Wrote:Isn't that a restriction that came with Vista/7? You can only use one sound channel at a time.

As far as I know the only fix available is if you have a Realtek sound card.
This is the fix available from them;

And here is the file: http://neosmart.net/downloads/guides/Vis...khdaud.zip

I might have misunderstood you though.

Don't think you misunderstood... and if that's correct about windows 7 then that's my problem. I'm using a Revo3610 so don't think I've any chance of getting this working, which means switching audio outputs. Fair enough. I've got bigger problems than this anyway. Laugh
Yeah, I had the same issue and but fortunately I had a realtek-card (really annoying to find the fix though). Nowadays I have a receiver so it's easy to switch.
I misunderstood you initially. Vista/7 doesn't output simultaneously to two outputs.
XP did playback on all outputs of a card at the same time though IIRC.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio passthrough0