• 4(current)
HTPC build with new ASUS AT5IONT-I
ah well, I already guessed you mixed that up Wink
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
nijaju Wrote:I'm quite certain that only the Deluxe has WiFi.
What about this information above the three small thumbnail pictures.
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=iI...templete=2
nijaju Wrote:I'm quite certain that only the Deluxe has WiFi. I've only been looking at pictures and specs and manuals though. Perhaps someone who has one in their hands could provide conclusive evidence.

I'm under the same impression after reading this: http://www.overclock.net/intel-motherboa...board.html
I can confirm that 2gig modules doesnt seems to work very good. Atleast not the kingston 2gig module i tried. Wont boot up at all.
According to the manual in the box:

1. WLAN antenna port (for AT5IONT-I DELUXE only)
15. DC power port (for AT5IONT-I DELUXE only)

1 x WiFi antenna port*
1 x Bluetooth adapter*

* For AT5IONT-I DELUXE only

:-(

I'm considering returning the card.
I can also confirm that there is only WiFi on the deluxe version
Got the standard card and there is no WiFi on it.
I said:

Quote:The memory problem is pretty basic. The manual states:

"This motherboard does not support DIMMs made up of 256 megabit chips or less".

On second thought, it says megabit, which is 32 megabyte. It seems weird to write something like this, since I doubt that anybody manufactures ddr 3 memory with 32 chips on a 1 Gb module.

So, the memory problem is still unsolved. Sad
oleroc Wrote:The memory problem is pretty basic. The manual states:

"This motherboard does not support DIMMs made up of 256 megabit chips or less".

Which means you'll have to find 2 GB modules which is made up of 512 Mb chips.
Most value dimms are made up of cheaper 128Mb og 256Mb chips.

Unfortunately this is probably a design decision, so I don't think a BIOS upgrade will change this. As 512Mb chips gets more common, we will see a wider range of usable dimms, but right now, it looks like they are hard to find.

Thanks for the info
Does it mean that any DDR3 sodimm 2GB ram module consisting of 4 512mb chips will work with this mobo?
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Rolle2000 Wrote:According to the manual in the box:

1. WLAN antenna port (for AT5IONT-I DELUXE only)
15. DC power port (for AT5IONT-I DELUXE only)

1 x WiFi antenna port*
1 x Bluetooth adapter*

* For AT5IONT-I DELUXE only

:-(

I'm considering returning the card.

This DELUXE board needs to be available SOON! I certainly hope that it is worth the wait and higher cost...

My guess is that it will be about $215-230... and that the AT3ION deluxe will be about $160-170.
Will the AT5-Dlx be worth $45-70 more??

I want it either way! It fits my HTPC design goals:
(priority order)
-quite (or fan less passive even)
-run XBMC
-stream hulu and netflix
-HDMI and optical audio output (1080)(46" LCD)
-play bluray (slim or slot load)
-low power consumption (left on 24/7)
-light gaming (emulators)
im sure there are other things...

If I have my cable modem wired up right next to my HTPC (because my cable line comes in where the TV is), why would I need to have WiFi on the MB?
SireFoss Wrote:This DELUXE board needs to be available SOON! I certainly hope that it is worth the wait and higher cost...

My guess is that it will be about $215-230... and that the AT3ION deluxe will be about $160-170.
Will the AT5-Dlx be worth $45-70 more??

I want it either way! It fits my HTPC design goals:
(priority order)
-quite (or fan less passive even)
-run XBMC
-stream hulu and netflix
-HDMI and optical audio output (1080)(46" LCD)
-play bluray (slim or slot load)
-low power consumption (left on 24/7)
-light gaming (emulators)
im sure there are other things...

If I have my cable modem wired up right next to my HTPC (because my cable line comes in where the TV is), why would I need to have WiFi on the MB?

Wow, your design goals and priorities are nearly identical to mine.

If you have an Ethernet connection at your TV, the WiFi might be useless to you but you still might want the Mini PCI-e slot that the WiFi occupies. You could use it for something like an SSD. I'm sure there are other things you could use it for as well.
If anybody finds a reasonable priced 2 GB module that works, please advise. The Hynix 2 GB is awfully expensive at 205 dollars!

/ole
oleroc Wrote:If anybody finds a reasonable priced 2 GB module that works, please advise. The Hynix 2 GB is awfully expensive at 205 dollars!

/ole

Yes it is ridiculous! Asus has to come up with an explanation and a solution.
They cannot spell out 2x2GB's SODIMM !!!!!! in big and then forcing us to buy 400 dollars of memory No
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Did anyone get this thing setup? What's the 'passive' abilities like?
Look for DDR3 SoDIMMs on ebay or craigslist, plenty people upgrade their laptos and sell-off their unwanted modules for little money.
At first ....sorry for my english.

Why you think there is a problem with the s0-dimm ? Look in the datashet on the asus Site. There are testet rams. For example a Kinkston 1024 mb ram with 8x128 mb. Asus says it works. And this ram cost only 28,00 EUR in Germany !!!

I have read this sentence :"This motherboard does not support DIMMs made up of 256 megabit chips or less".

I think they mean something different. I got the board yesterday and try it out. I will tell what happens Laugh
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC build with new ASUS AT5IONT-I2