STRM file play order/(non-smart) playlist play order
I ran across a (seemingly) elegant solution this weekend. My favorite skin (Night) has a way to add favorites to the home screen. It occurred to me that I could pull the news videos from my favorite news channel's video RSS feed and have an XBMC-based News option on the home screen.

Yes, I am aware that there are several video plugins, but this was a quicker way to get just the news updates from the top of the hour onto the home screen.

The good news is that I was able to parse down just the high quality streams from just the news segments I preferred. Meanwhile I found that you can put any URL into a stream file (.strm) and it will treat it as any other video file. You can even put multiple streams into the same file and it will play all of them. So far, so good.

I found out, however, that the order in which they are played is random (or seems to be) and they repeat themselves.

So here's the question. Is there a directive/option in STRM files to force the playorder or turn off repeat? Is there a directive in another playlist format that will let me specify the play order and turn off repeat?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
STRM file play order/(non-smart) playlist play order0