Rss feed
first off i don't know how rss feeds work, all i know is that it just grabs an xml file and scrolls it in xbmc so i just wanna say that before i make my suggestion in case its not possible....

i was wondering if it would be possible the rss feeds to be displayed in a new way...the default could be the normal scrolling and there would be other ways like:

1. instead of scrolling the first portion of the feed would fade in....then fade out....then the second portion would fade in.....then fade out....this would then loop (fading in and fading out would be controlled by x seconds)
2. the feed would slide in from either the top or bottom just like video transition effect
3. the feed could dissolve into view just like a video effect
4. maybe add alpha-transparency to the feed

basically i was hoping the rss feed could be displayed with anything that comes to mind besides the normal scrolling. i got this idea after the splash screen was implemented cuz the splash screen adds a certain professional aspect to xbmc and i thought the rss feed could use the same. if this is not possible then i apologize but i thought it was worth a shot because i think it would look real nice. what do other ppl think?

-matt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rss feed0