[LINUX] XBMC Linux (Not Live) on Zotac MAG
So I recently purchased a Zotac Mag and finally have it and my new TV in my hands today. Did some searching and came up with a lot of Acer Revo stuff.

I was wondering what the best way to go from the current Windows install to XBMC would be. Is there any advantage of running XBMC Live over a full Linux install if I probably would never use it for Windows?

Is there a script or something I can run to get this configured properly (HDMI, Audio, etc). Can I just use an Acer Revo setup instructions for this? If so is there a certain set of instructions you recommend.

Thanks in advance! Nod

Zotac: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856173001
Use whatever operating system you feel happiest with. XBMC runs equally well in all operating systems.

If you have Windows installed and it's working well then the quick option is to install the latest Dharma beta and see how you get on with it.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Use whatever operating system you feel happiest with. XBMC runs equally well in all operating systems.

If you have Windows installed and it's working well then the quick option is to install the latest Dharma beta and see how you get on with it.

JR

Well I'd prefer to Linux honestly so was just wondering if there was a setup script or a good set of instructions for this box OR can I just follow Acer Revo setup instructions.

Thanks for the quick response though! Big Grin
we have a linux forum for this, you know...
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:we have a linux forum for this, you know...

ARGH, I thought I posted it in the Linux section...

Had two tabs open - sorry!! Oo
So now that this is in the correct forum does anyone have any suggestions.

Are there pros/cons of running Linux Live than a full Linux install?

Will the Revo instructions work on the Zotac MAG since its a net-top?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMC Linux (Not Live) on Zotac MAG0