[BUG] Is there something wrong with the SVN of XBMC and playing ziped or rared movies
Is there something wrong with the SVN of XBMC and playing ziped or rared movies?

All the movies in my library that is rared is appearing missing?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
the current SVN does not support rar
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:the current SVN does not support rar

yes it does Smile It was removed from PPA but that's been restored. Just make sure you don't use "--disable-non-free" in configure.
davilla Wrote:yes it does Smile It was removed from PPA but that's been restored. Just make sure you don't use "--disable-non-free" in configure.

Would you please tell me what you mean with "Just make sure you don't use "--disable-non-free" in configure" ?

/Söder
soder Wrote:Would you please tell me what you mean with "Just make sure you don't use "--disable-non-free" in configure" ?

/Söder

If you are using PPA, XBMC is pre-built and none of this matters. If you build XBMC from svn and use the option "--disable-non-free" in configure, then rar support is disable as its license is not GPL compatible.

If none of this makes sense, then you are not building XBMC from scratch.
davilla Wrote:If you are using PPA, XBMC is pre-built and none of this matters. If you build XBMC from svn and use the option "--disable-non-free" in configure, then rar support is disable as its license is not GPL compatible.

If none of this makes sense, then you are not building XBMC from scratch.

Ok, I'm using PPA.

Will RAR-support always be missing from the PPA, or always be missing from XBMC? Or will it soon be back?

/Söder
soder Wrote:Ok, I'm using PPA.

Will RAR-support always be missing from the PPA, or always be missing from XBMC? Or will it soon be back?

/Söder

What part of "It was removed from PPA but that's been restored" do you not understand Smile
davilla Wrote:What part of "It was removed from PPA but that's been restored" do you not understand Smile

I find the sentence strange? Removed, but restored? Do you mean that when there is a new prebuild on the PPA, it will support RAR again?

"then rar support is disable as its license is not GPL compatible."
Also this I find strange. =) Is it's livense compatible with GPL now then, IF it will be back in PPA?

/Söder
soder Wrote:I find the sentence strange? Removed, but restored? Do you mean that when there is a new prebuild on the PPA, it will support RAR again?

"then rar support is disable as its license is not GPL compatible."
Also this I find strange. =) Is it's livense compatible with GPL now then, IF it will be back in PPA?

/Söder

PPA was changed to use "--disable-non-free", and that's why rar support disappeared. We changed PPA to remove "--disable-non-free", and rar support will return. The license for rar is still incompatible with GPL, that's being ignored to return rar support because there were too many complaints about rar support being removed. Clear now?
davilla Wrote:Clear now?
Perfectly clear. Thank you. =)

/Söder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG] Is there something wrong with the SVN of XBMC and playing ziped or rared movies0