Showmix or Aeon
Edit: I meant to type Showmix or Aeon65 in the title of the thread, but can't figure out how to change it...sorry about that...maybe a moderator could make that quick edit?

I am new to XBMC about a month or so, but have been using mythtv for a few years, so pretty familiar with the HTPC.

Anyway, I was hoping that I could get some recommendations and details about Showmix and Aeon65...both seem to be amazing skins.

Currently I am using Aeon Stark. The main feature that I need is to have the ability to add an additional menu item to the home screen. I want to have the standard TV Shows and Movies shortcuts, But would like to add the item "Kids Shows". I would like the "Kids" menu item to pull up all movies with "Kids" in the genre.

From what I see here, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78819 I can do this with ShowMix, however it seems that ShowMix is no longer under development, so I was wondering if Aeon65 had this functionality to add custom home screen shortcuts.

Also if one skin is better than the other or had some key features that the other doesn't, would you mind letting me know. I would install both and poke around with both, but the wife can't stand it when I make changes to stuff, so I'm hoping to spend the time to get it right once instead of trying both (which I will do someday).

Thanks in advance!
Aeon65 support Custom menus items, it is actively maintained (some features keeps getting incorporated too).

But beware, my answer my be biased.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Showmix or Aeon0