[MAC] Screen defaults when exiting sleep
Hi

I´ve put together a XBMC setup perfect for my use - but one thing still bothers me. XBMC is setup to use my tv as screen, but when my imac wakes from sleep, the display changes to the default screen - aka my imac. This happens regardless of the tv being on or off.

Is there a way to force xbmc to only use my tv as monitor?

I´ve made a log of xbmc running - going to sleep - wake up - changing screen: http://pastebin.com/j7XMnVMh

Imac 2.66 Ghz, 2 GB, OSX 10.6.4

Thanks in advance
It does that for me on my imac with connected monitor (I want XBMC to use the monitor but after sleep it reverts to the imac.)
larslehn Wrote:Hi

I´ve put together a XBMC setup perfect for my use - but one thing still bothers me. XBMC is setup to use my tv as screen, but when my imac wakes from sleep, the display changes to the default screen - aka my imac. This happens regardless of the tv being on or off.

Is there a way to force xbmc to only use my tv as monitor?

I´ve made a log of xbmc running - going to sleep - wake up - changing screen: http://pastebin.com/j7XMnVMh

Imac 2.66 Ghz, 2 GB, OSX 10.6.4

Thanks in advance

Not with the pending Dharma release but the entire OSX window handling is going to get re-factored afterward.
Hi Dav, is this problem something unavoidable because of new programming in dharma?

I understand we are on the bleeding edge here but it never used to be an issue for me, but now it is. When exiting sleep one of two things will happen every time, XBMC either resets to the screen with the dock on (And hides the dock) or it crashes. And once crashed and relaunched the harmony remote no longer works until I restart the mac.
garyi Wrote:Hi Dav, is this problem something unavoidable because of new programming in dharma?

I understand we are on the bleeding edge here but it never used to be an issue for me, but now it is. When exiting sleep one of two things will happen every time, XBMC either resets to the screen with the dock on (And hides the dock) or it crashes. And once crashed and relaunched the harmony remote no longer works until I restart the mac.

Don't sleep the display or don't sleep the computer. those are possible work arounds. Sorry but Dharma is frozen and rolling to Beta. Any future work with display handling will be done in svn trunk after Dharma hits release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Screen defaults when exiting sleep0