ListeItem's path vs addDirectoryItem's url
I have been wondering what the difference is between the two.
The documentation does not seem to contain any information about what these two parameters really do.

I'd be grateful for an explanation Smile
thanks in advance
I would like to second this question. I only set the path for the list item when returning with resolveurl. I always used the addDirectoryItem with a URL for a list items to play directly or for plugin parameters in the case it is a folder. I am not sure if I doing it right though.
there's no real difference. from code
Code:
pListItem->item->m_strPath = url;

in effect, setting it in the listitem is void work.

silly API iow.
Smile

Thanks a lot for the information.

For those who want to know, it's from:
xbmc\lib\libPython\xbmcmodule\xbmcplugin.cpp
Isn't setting it in the list item the only way when using setResolvedUrl?
yes it is. the url param in addDirectoryItem is what really shouldn't be there.
Also, setResolvedUrl should take a string rather than a listitem - currently we actually do use everything in the listitem, but it's silly to do so as it overrides any information that you've already done.

Silly, silly API. I'll look at fixing this after Dharma.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall: It does but I found this functionality useful in one case for a random episode item in one plugin. it will get the actual meta data for the random episode chosen for display while playing.

otherwise I completely agree. I just wanted to put a vote in for having the option of resetting the information.
Right - that's I guess a valid enough instance, though it's a little obscure. The main problem would be whether it's a simple matter of replacing the entire item or something more complicated like supplementing it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListeItem's path vs addDirectoryItem's url0