[AppleTV] Crystal r145 with old layout?
Has anyone tried r145 with old layout cards?

Interested to know results under both (ATV) OSX and Ubuntu.

If you had success with the old layout card please could you respond with the version of xbmc being used as well?

Thanks!

PS I'm too chicken to try this myself ;-)

PPS What's the consensus on best combination of xbmc version and crystal drivers for old layout cards under linux? I'm using XBMC SVN28256 with Crystal HD r103 and it works well, but I don't want to get stuck with this version of xbmc if I can help it.
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
frumpy_uk Wrote:Has anyone tried r145 with old layout cards?

Interested to know results under both (ATV) OSX and Ubuntu.

If you had success with the old layout card please could you respond with the version of xbmc being used as well?

Thanks!

PS I'm too chicken to try this myself ;-)

PPS What's the consensus on best combination of xbmc version and crystal drivers for old layout cards under linux? I'm using XBMC SVN28256 with Crystal HD r103 and it works well, but I don't want to get stuck with this version of xbmc if I can help it.

According to my tests with old layout cards, r145 is working with them.
davilla Wrote:According to my tests with old layout cards, r145 is working with them.

Thanks. Is this on linux on the ATV? Any particular xbmc build?
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
frumpy_uk Wrote:Thanks. Is this on linux on the ATV? Any particular xbmc build?

Linux or OSX on ATV/MacMini.
davilla Wrote:Linux or OSX on ATV/MacMini.

Cool, I'll give this a try. Which xbmc version? Must be latest I guess....

thanks
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
frumpy_uk Wrote:Cool, I'll give this a try. Which xbmc version? Must be latest I guess....

thanks

always Smile
Having finally been able to update both xbmc and crystal, my old layout card is indeed working well.

Great stuff, thanks for the work. I got the impression a while back that the idiosyncrasies of the old layout card were going to make it unsupportable.

Looks like that's not the case Smile
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
frumpy, does it actually work better for you with latest svn-xbmc and crystal?

to me, r28256 and 1.0.3 seem to have a much smaller memory footprint and everything behaves snappier....

can you compare the experience before/after updating?
for me the new xbmc svn und r153 of crystalhd behaves better with linux and atvos on my apple tv box. everything is faster (starting/stopping/ff) and surely.. videoplayback is better Smile

-andy
CrystalHD Installer XBMC Community Forum Thread -
Apple TV CrystalHD Installer Announcement - Broadcom CrystalHD Installer
http://www.sartori.at/ - my weblog

Sync your MAC and Google Account (+ Google Apps) - Click here for 5$ Discout

Living Room: HFX Micro black - Zotac IONITX G - Intel X25V - Hama remote
Bedroom: Linux AppleTV - CrystalHD
pkolkkal Wrote:frumpy, does it actually work better for you with latest svn-xbmc and crystal?

to me, r28256 and 1.0.3 seem to have a much smaller memory footprint and everything behaves snappier....

can you compare the experience before/after updating?

Seems better to me, then again I'm a sucker for new shiny things. Certainly a number of movies which wouldn't play under r28256 and 1.0.3 now play perfectly. My linux/xbmc is installed on the ATV internal drive by the way.
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)
Two votes yay

No votes nay

Looks like I'll be updating my setup once I get back home tonight Smile
(waiting for a flight to Helsinki here in Moscow)
don't forget to tell us about ur experience

same here - on old svn and drivers. hesitating on updating...
Don't hesitate, it's only better than it was. I'm running current SVN builds of both the drivers and the Dharma branch with great success on Ubuntu running on my ATV (internal drive) with the old layout 70012 card. It's ubuntu 9.10 (haven't tried upgrading it to 10.04, probably won't).

Everything seems to play with the exception of one VC-1 blu-ray rip of Baraka. I haven't tried that movie much, but it just stalls out for a minute or so and eventually starts playing audio with no video.

All of my H.264 stuff works fine, re-encodes to 720p are stellar and 1080p stuff works fine, just takes a bit to startup.
I'm pretty sured my crystal card is flawed, cause my setup never acts like for the majority here. After updating to latest svn + crystal playback crashes.

Going back to the r28256 / 1.0.3 and sticking with that. Thanks all.
pkolkkal Wrote:I'm pretty sured my crystal card is flawed, cause my setup never acts like for the majority here. After updating to latest svn + crystal playback crashes.

Going back to the r28256 / 1.0.3 and sticking with that. Thanks all.

Those issues will never get resolved unless you take the time to debug it by providing dmesg/xbmc.log/crashreporter.log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Crystal r145 with old layout?0