• 5(current)
Setup guide for XBMC Android remote
I just want to say a big thanks to whoever wrote the code for this. It works better than the Harmony remote!! Big Grin
I also keep getting the corrupted database error. Running Windows 7 with a Thunderbolt. Im new to Android, and have been a long time Quicken/Pocket Quicken user. I would really like this program to work, since Intuit decided to ignore mobile devices I have been looking for a desktop program with a mobile app that allows direct sync between the two. I have submitted a ticket.
Thanx for the guide! It was very helpfull. :-)
Hello,

More connection between XBMC and XBMC Remote Android!

There are two days it still works very well and then nothing "Socket Timeout ...." ?

There is no material change in config. has been done!

I was a precautionary check:
(for information, apart from the config. NOD32 and the state of the firewall from Win., the changes to the router were made ​​after the refusal of connection)

-the Windows Firewall -> off
-The firewall Esset Nod32-> activated with the rules for XBMC
port 80 allowed in both directions TCP / UDP

allowed port 9777 in both directions in UDP

Router-Numéricable - CBV734EW - (Belgium):
port 80 TCP / UDP open
UDP port 9777 open

Forward-port of the above to the ip of the machine running XBMC "ex: 192,168 .**.**"

I try without changing the router, uninstalling XBMC, XBMC Remote disabling Nod32 but its still not working!

!!below print screen image!! --> port 80 --> 8080

ps: I wish this evening to functional August 27, thank you,

Wink
Two concerns:
1. I see port 80 set in the xbmc (don't know about your remote) and port 8080 enabled in the router.
2. Is your android device is connected through WiFi to the router? If yes, then why do you need port forwarding?

By the way, hiding the ip addresses on the pictures doesn't really help us to find you the solution.
Hello gfoldv,

Thank you for your help.

Indeed, for port 80 and 8080, I corrected this on xbmc (8080).
My Android devices (Desire HD - 2.3.3) is connect to the wireless pc.
The pc that is running XBMC is on the network, it'll get the media on the main pc.

The version of XBMC (10.1 Dharma -> http://www.xbmc.fr/download/)
Official XBMC Remote (V0.8.6-beta1 rev. 768)
Hello, despite the change of port 80 pa 8080 in XBMC, still no connection between androis and XBMC
I would start with a very basic setup to see which element causes the problem. Set static IP to the PC set static IP to the HTPC. Both must be in the same range what the DHCP offers in the router. Turn every kind of firewall off (you can unplug the router from the internet so no one will attack you while you are unprotected). Clear the port forwards from the router. Set the password to blank in the XBMC so even the authorization will be left out of the game.

Many times people have other applications running on port 80 or 8080 that they do not even know about. (for example skype) So you can pick a unusual port number and set that into the XBMC and the Android remote.
Hello, I try it tomorrow and I'll keep you informed.
Flomaster Wrote:kev I don't recall having to port forward to get the remote working over my wifi network I just typed in the ip of the computer 192.168.x.x set the port to 8080 and it just worked

-=Jason=-

I second that!

Follow the guide but skip port forwarding. Assign a static IP to your PC if you have a dynamic IP. Key in the static IP into "Host IP".
Good evening,

Lament to return after so long.

Here I have to solve a problem.

Had a configuration problem esset, I disable the firewall of esset nod32 and it works.

This now the concern is to know what the anti-virus and firewall compatible with XBMC?

Thank you for your help.
I got this working on my Evo 3d however when I go to addons on the phone everything loads fine but I can't get any addons to play.I see the loading box on my TV after that nothing happens. But I can play my music using my phone and movies that I have loaded on my htpc. So again music and movies I have loaded my htpc work fine. Can't get any addons to play using the remote app on my phone. Also if I'm in the YouTube app on the phone and try to share the video to xbmc I see loading on the TV after nothing happens.anyone know what's going on here or how to fix this

Windows 7 64bit
Xbmc 10.1
Xbmc Official v0.8.7 beta1 build revision 807.

Also tryed turning off firewall and nothing
hello guys, i set it up and it seems to work. going into music shows all my music and plays it too. but remote control does nott work? how strange is that?
Hello guys, I have a problem that I dont even know how to begin to tackle.

Well here is my situation.
I have a Windows 7 PC with XBMC, I dont have a router, instead I use my android phone as a hotspot to connect the PC to the internet.

So my question is simple, how would I go about using my android phone as a remote for XBMC while at the same time using the same phone as a wifi hotspot to the PC?

Is that even possible?

Thanks in advance!
zappa79 Wrote:Hello guys, I have a problem that I dont even know how to begin to tackle.

Well here is my situation.
I have a Windows 7 PC with XBMC, I dont have a router, instead I use my android phone as a hotspot to connect the PC to the internet.

So my question is simple, how would I go about using my android phone as a remote for XBMC while at the same time using the same phone as a wifi hotspot to the PC?

Is that even possible?

Thanks in advance!

yes it does. configuration is the same.look for your ip in xbmc and set up your xbmc remote.for about a year i do it the same way
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setup guide for XBMC Android remote2