• 2(current)
Setup guide for XBMC Android remote
Nevermind, I found it. Is the "use as remote control" working yet or is that not implemented? I will look around, the answer to this probably exists somewhere here Smile

Flomaster Wrote:@ the_alien does the xbmc remote have power to connect via 3G. I have a DynDns setup and have successfully set up SSH, Sabnzbd, Sickbeard, CouchPotato. I have port 8080 forwarded in my router I have xbmc set to port 8080

-=Jason=-

Look at the first post, there is another port you need to forward. 9777 I think.
pugs Wrote:Nevermind, I found it. Is the "use as remote control" working yet or is that not implemented? I will look around, the answer to this probably exists somewhere here Smile

Look at the first post, there is another port you need to forward. 9777 I think.

ok so I have port 9777 forwarded but it still asks me to activate wifi why should I have to activate wifi if I want to use 3G?

on the other note I did get the other remote wokring just fine it connected via 3G and I was able to control my xbmc from outside of my wifi area using 3G signal

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:ok so I have port 9777 forwarded but it still asks me to activate wifi why should I have to activate wifi if I want to use 3G?

on the other note I did get the other remote wokring just fine it connected via 3G and I was able to control my xbmc from outside of my wifi area using 3G signal

-=Jason=-

Did you select the Wifi only option when you setup the server info?
pugs, Yes the "use as remote control" is fully functional. That's why you need the port 9777 and the "Allow Programs on other systems to control XBMC" enabled on the xbmc.
would it be possible to bring folder view to the main screen, put one of the other icons as the 5th icon and have folder viewer as 2nd icon or something? for a future update?

i would like that myself, because in music for some reason only one album shows in album view, but when i go to file view, it is how it should be but first i have to click music and after that i see all my music folders, strange

apart from that for me, everything else is how i expected it to be, and how comes the |< and >| buttons stop music? i would have thought pressing them went to the next song? not sure but as some of you may know i am still new to the remote and still learning about it i guess

thank you
i love xbmc
pugs Wrote:Did you select the Wifi only option when you setup the server info?

no I do no have the wifi checked on both of my hosts.

one is local 192.168.2.XX the other is my dyndns host which works fine for ssh, sab, sick, CP

can anyone confirm the remote can connect remotely via 3g and NOT use the LAN to connect?

-=Jason=-
Yes, the remote works flawlessly (slow sometimes Wink) through 3g.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
errr I wonder why I am not able to connect to the box via the xbmc remote but if I use that other remote I can connect via 3g

-=Jason=-
I just tried it with wifi disabled going through my cell phones network and it worked fine.

Must be a setting you missed somewhere.

I just went through a nightmare and ended up reinstalling only to not fix the problem...my screen was shifted to the right for some reason. Like the egde of the display area was 2 inches from the edge of the monitor. Ended up being something wrong between the monitor and the video card. Unplugged the VGA cable, plugged it back in and it went away...spent a few hours searching the web and and driving myself nutz on that one ugh.
I've no idea what was wrong but its now working like a dream using my dyndns ip address

-=Jason=-
works great. thanks
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Hi all,

i'm using xbmc remote since few months. There is one thing I never had to work. I've a Motorola Milestones with hard keyboard so I like to use it to enter remotly a text in xbmc but it never worked.

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks
I dont think that the remote can send keypresses from your phone keyboard to XBMC yet. And I dont know if there will be support in the future
I have tried everything and can not get the XBMC remote or any of the unofficial remotes to work. I have checked all of the port forwarding settings numerous times and no luck. I can connect over 3g to my utorrent client so I know that port forwarding is working. Any ideas? I am forwarding porst 8080, 9777 and 9 to my xbmc box. Works great over wifi.
bnl552 Wrote:I have tried everything and can not get the XBMC remote or any of the unofficial remotes to work. I have checked all of the port forwarding settings numerous times and no luck. I can connect over 3g to my utorrent client so I know that port forwarding is working. Any ideas? I am forwarding porst 8080, 9777 and 9 to my xbmc box. Works great over wifi.

Not sure why it would affect it, but as soon as I turned of port forwarding for port 9, it started working.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setup guide for XBMC Android remote2