changing home screen images
No. DDS generation by XBMC was added after Camelot.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Nope. You'll need SVN r23421 or higher. Then you would be able to enable DDS compression by putting
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
</advancedsettings>
in your advancedsettings.
Is the
Quote:<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
indented? or does that matter? I'm trying to use this on the recent Dharma beta 1 release and not having much luck. I put the advancedsetting.xml in my userdata folder and then scrolled through a few movies but nothing seems to change in the files.
joshhansen Wrote:Is the indented? or does that matter? I'm trying to use this on the recent Dharma beta 1 release and not having much luck. I put the advancedsetting.xml in my userdata folder and then scrolled through a few movies but nothing seems to change in the files.

Might take a little while. Check in your XBMC.log in the temp directory to see if it's generating them. It probably took me about 3 days to notice the effect, but its awesome now. (Using a Revo 1600 with 2 GB of RAM)
weldon Wrote:Might take a little while. Check in your XBMC.log in the temp directory to see if it's generating them. It probably took me about 3 days to notice the effect, but its awesome now. (Using a Revo 1600 with 2 GB of RAM)

I thought I read that on some systems it can take up to 20-30 seconds per fanart to generate a thumb...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
It definitely started working. The change is night and day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
changing home screen images0