Missing Plugins Folder?
I'm running Ubuntu 10.04. Since the PPAs are down, I installed XBMC via the SVN repository. I ran XBMC once (to create the ./xbmc folder structure) but I still don't have a plugins folder under ./xbmc. I'd like to be able to install some plugins. Any help would be appreciated!
I also experienced this yesterday (having followed the instructions, checked forums etc. etc.).

I suspect its connected in some way to the PPA issue - I'm going to wait until that is sorted before wasting any more time trying to get it work.
When you download from SVN you get "Dharma" (the development version), not the "stable" release. Dharma doesn't have a plugins folder, and pre-Dharma plugins apparently won't work with it.

Until the stable PPA is fully rebuilt, your only options for it seem to be to go to Source Forge and either download XBMCLive and burn it to a disc or grab the source code package and compile it yourself.
offworld Wrote:When you download from SVN you get "Dharma" (the development version), not the "stable" release. Dharma doesn't have a plugins folder, and pre-Dharma plugins apparently won't work with it.

Until the stable PPA is fully rebuilt, your only options for it seem to be to go to Source Forge and either download XBMCLive and burn it to a disc or grab the source code package and compile it yourself.

Thanks Offworld

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Plugins Folder?0