Trouble using as remote
for what its worth, I can use wifi and my remote works like it should, but as soon as I drop wifi and try and use my 3G it doesn't connect. I have port 9777 forwarded along with 8080

-=Jason=-
Port 9777 UDP and 8080 TCP?
And use your external IP not the one from the XBMC machine Wink
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
the_alien Wrote:Port 9777 UDP and 8080 TCP?
And use your external IP not the one from the XBMC machine Wink

I just did this
Code:
netstat --all | grep 9777

and now its working this is great success

-=Jason=-
gfoldv Wrote:Nothing is wrong with the IP address 0.0.0.0
This means that the application can accept connection on any network interface. So if the machine has a wired ethernet adapter and a wifi adapter, both can be used to reach the given 9777 port.

If your machine is defined as DMZ that you do not need to configure any port forwarding since that is a purpose of the DMZ that every connection from the internet goes to that machine through the router.

You can also try to connect your test pc directly to the internet, leaving the router out of the game. Unless it's an all-in-one cable modem-router device...

And now it doesn't work again. It worked well for a while, then it stopped working again. I wanted to load it up and watch some videos on my laptop, and it stopped connecting. Nothing changed on my router / setup. All the stuff is exactly the same - and yet I get a Socket Timeout error. Could there maybe be an issue with 3G/XBMC Remote connecting? I can telnet to my ports, I see it being open - and have everything forwarded like before.
No there is no issue with 3G on the remote.
the_alien Wrote:No there is no issue with 3G on the remote.

Just like LSASS.exe worked perfectly well in Windows XP SP1 right? I mean, what I'm saying here is this: I could connect on 3G. Changed nothing. Now I cannot connect. My phone has remained the same, no updates - nothing. Same everything.

So that's it eh? "There are no issues with 3G." And it's a wrap? Gotcha.
Noone had problems using it through 3G. I don't have either.
You didn't change anything and it should be the remote?

Investigate it. If you'll find a bug, I'll be happy to fix it for you.
What I can tell you: There is no known problem with the remote and 3G. The remote doesn't bother on how it connects, as long as the url, host, ip whatever is correct.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble using as remote0