AAC isn't playing. I not hear anything or isn't playing?
Lightbulb 
I have compiled XBMC PRE 10.5 Revision 32950M with --enable-faac --enable-vdpau --enable-vaapi
System setting is on screenshot.

For test, I used files from this topic . I heard DTS, AC3, but not AAC.

Also I four days spent for reading this forum and some other, but I can't resolve this problem. I need support from great community. Big Grin

My system is Zotac Ion Atom Nvidia. Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS

I have done it:
ALSA Upgrade Script, HOW-TO set up audio over HDMI on nVidia GeForce/nForce controller and etc...

What I can do else? Eek
i bet your left nut that your receiver can't do aac. hardly any receiver i know of can. nor mp1/mp2/mp3
spiff Wrote:i bet your left nut that your receiver can't do aac. hardly any receiver i know of can. nor mp1/mp2/mp3

Seconded.

As with most things, don't tick them unless you know what they do and your sure you support them.
and I'd throw my right one into the bag if I knew that he really didn't already do the obvious and unchecked AAC just for a try
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Second question Smile
If I made uncheck AAC I listened stereo. How do listen AAC through receiver for 5.1 in XBMC?

It's truth my receiver Marantz NR1501 support only
Dolby Digital
Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby TrueHD
DTS
DTS 96/24
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio
Dolby Pro Logic IIx
Dolby Digital EX
DTS ES Matrix 6.1
DTS ES Discrete 6.1
DTS Neo:6
"only" lol Wink

xbmc would need to decode AAC surround on-the-fly to AC3 or PCM surround, I have no idea if that's possible, maybe with that http://ac3filter.net/
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I vote we advance these retarded options.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:I vote we advance these retarded options.

aha, so that explains where the AAC option went in dharma :p

Maybe you should update the advanced settings wiki in case anyone else is looking for the AAC pass though option? Rolleyes

Now my receiver Onkyo TX-SR606 has an AAC icon on it's LCD display (it's not lit though) but it doesn't look like it supports AAC decoding anyway (there was no sound when trying a AAC1.0 movie in XBMC). So I'll keep passthroughaac set to false since that way XBMC will transcode AAC to PCM which any receiver can handle Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AAC isn't playing. I not hear anything or isn't playing?0