Some Movie Started Skipping Recently
CrystalP Wrote:Hiethen, this is really weird. Your debug log shows that the code that changes resolution/refresh rate is not even called when you start a video.

xbmc is not changing the resolution, so you can look in the driver options (always try the default settings when troubleshooting), the driver version, some funky processing by the TV, other programs running on the computer, ...

Can you turn on the 'Sync Playback to Display' option and post a screenshot of the codec information during playback with DXVA and the mysterious rr change.
What happens in the true fullscreen mode?

In true fullscreen mode, the resolution is 1920x1040 and the screen edges are cutoff a bit also the refresh rate changes to 24hz.

Here is the screen shot with 'sync playback to display' turned on.
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/8881/...ot000x.png

and the log just in case.
http://pastebin.com/1g0VYtT2
Yes, that's what I thought. Your refresh rate is 60Hz, not 24.
The video you're playing is 24fps though.

edit: 1920x1040 is the movie resolution, not the screen resolution. That's why you get black bars at the top and bottom.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CrystalP Wrote:I think there is a misunderstanding...

On the last line of the OSD, in the part " W( fps:23.98 CPU 2 core(s) average 18.0%)", 23.98 is not the screen refresh rate.

Depending on your "vsync" and "sync playback to display" settings, that number will go up when pausing playback. That's normal.

Bottom line is: use your TV OSD to see the actual refresh rate.

My TVs OSD doesn't show the refresh rate when this happens, all it says it 1080p. The other way that I've been able to recreate this outside of XBMC is by changing the refresh rate on the Nviadia Control Panel software to 24hz.
CrystalP Wrote:Yes, that's what I thought. Your refresh rate is 60Hz, not 24.
The video you're playing is 24fps though.

edit: 1920x1040 is the movie resolution, not the screen resolution. That's why you get black bars at the top and bottom.

Ok..., you kinda lost me there. What is the reason that the screen edges are cut off which includes the skin interface. Also, I don't get why this happens only when using DXVA.
Maybe I should take a picture of the TV with my camera to show what happens.
Ok, here is a pic from my point of view of the TV with the issue that I'm talking about. This is how it appears when I play a video with DXVA turned on.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7127/img1516r.jpg

I'm under the impression that the refresh rate is being changed because I can replicate the screen edges being cut off by changing the refresh rate in the Nvidia Control Panel to 24hz.

Update: After messing around with my TV's settings, I stumbled onto a setting that lets me change the display area to 'Full Pixel' and this corrects how it appears on the picture that I posted. This setting was only available when a video was playing and my TV switch the scene to what I thought was 24hz.

Thanks to all for the help and tips Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Movie Started Skipping Recently0