• 4(current)
H.264 in MP4 containers (inc. Nero Digital MPEG-4 AVC)
(mr_sheen @ jan. 18 2005,23:47 Wrote:the nero encoded files that did not play with the latest windows cvs build of mplayer last week (see above) now playe flawlessley with todays latest build, so far 40 mins of the movie and no issues.
i tried mplayer from celticdruid and it works fine with all settings of nero, weighted prediction and b-frames are no problem.

@ ezar :help:

can we have a mplayer update for xbox please? would be very Smile
yes, this codec is great!

i barely can't wait for this mplayer update to xbox.
(tisurame @ jan. 21 2005,23:00 Wrote:yes, this codec is great!

i barely can't wait for this mplayer update to xbox.
but where to get? or can we use the official one? do we need to update any codecs? please help  Sad

edit: ezars link is up to date Smile

edit2: no support for mp4
(joeb @ jan. 21 2005,07:28 Wrote:i tried mplayer from celticdruid and it works fine with all settings of nero, weighted prediction and b-frames are no problem.

@ ezar :help:

can we have a mplayer update for xbox please? would be very Smile
yes, seems to work correctly on last mplayer.
but all my nero avc videos are in matroska, not mp4. mosu updated matroska support on day 11-12 of this month, when you update avc support don't forget matroska please.
compiled latest cvs mplayer.dll, but avc it´s not working at all.
changes aren´t merged with xbmc-mplayer cvs i think.

would be nice if there is an update...
same here ... compiled mplayer.dll ... everything works execpt nero avc ... 8( ....

help !!! Shocked
erm yes i am getting a little frustrated.

mplayer has been able to play x264 encodes with bframes for some time but i have yet to find a xbmc build that can play avc with bframes.

surely if mplayer supports avc video with bframes then so should xbmc assuming that the xbmc devs are using the latest mplayer code.
Sad 
mplayer source code that is in our cvs is mplayer 1.0-pre6a point release, and the mplayer.dll in our cvs is mplayer 1.0-pre5.
...none of them are the very latest/daily mplayer cvs, you must port and compile youself if you want that now/today :evil:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i have already done that ... comiled my own .dll ... doesn't work for me ....
so from reading all the posts in this topic, and searching all over this forum, and the net... i have to assume the following...

-nero digital avc will not play in xbmc
-the newest cvs snapshot of mplayer plays them perfect with all advanced encoding features...
-nobody has an mplayer.dll that will work with xbmc that is of the latest daily snapshot(or wants to volunteer to make one).
-xbmc will not support nero digital avc until it is in a non-snapshot main release of mplayer...

also, anyone know if the audio side of nero digital (multi-channel he aac) in the mp4 will play even once the video will? i have heard that it only works on pc's with analog 5.1 output... since its not an ac-3 or pcm bitsream, and will not go over optical/spdif... how would xbmc go about handling that?

thanks to all for your awesome work! xbmc is the best!

one thing that confused me.... why does the features page on the main xbmc page say specifically that nero digital is supported? http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/info_project.htm

-rick
try this totally unsupported and likely never to be updated dll. if it works, great, if it doesn't, i won't be fixing it.

i only tried a few nero digital avc samples but most of them required too much cpu power so it plays with late frames, dropping frames or just doesn't play at all. so if it's not playing try encoding it with less options, less bitrate, less audiochannels...
merged some matroska demuxing stuff in there too but i have no idea if it works.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
thanks a ton!!!! your the man...

i will try this tonight and post my findings...
if it doesnt work, i will just be patient :-)

-rick
right now, i really wonder if xbox is powerfull enough to play nero digital avc flawless...

thanks charly for this dll.

for those that are trying to use it, please post your feedback.
xbmc homepage mentions how it can play nero avc files. i dont know about anyone else but i find this quite false. it plays asp files fine, not avc. i find this to be a shame, i know it all has to do with mplayer and the sort, but at least remove the line or edit it.
i've tried the mplayer.dll of charly using xbmc.cvs.1.24.05-hdy.rar
all clips were coded using the latest nero recode (standard avc profile). audio was coded with besweet using belight
my results:
704x272 1mb, aac he normal works but sometimes frames are dropped
704x272 1mb, mp3 vbr2 works without dropping frames

704x320 1mb, aac he normal works but sometimes frames are dropped
704x320 1mb, mp3 vbr2 works without dropping frames

704x320 2mb, aac he normal works but too many frames are dropped
704x320 2mb, mp3 vbr2 works but sometimes frames are dropped

in the past i also tested clips with lc audio using ezar2003's mplayer.dll but it also dropped frames.

looks like the xbox isn't powerfull enough. a high video bitrate & aac he decoding needs too much cpu.
seems to be working if i stick to a low video bitrate and mp3 coding.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
H.264 in MP4 containers (inc. Nero Digital MPEG-4 AVC)0