No SEASON fanart.
Is there supposed to be different fanart for each season. I chose separate fanart for each season in Ember Media Manager but on XBMC the only thing that shows up is the Show fanart for every season, and it looks kind of weak. I have cleaned the database. Updated the library, even cleared out my entire database and rescraped the whole thing to no avail. this is with every skin. The weird this is, I'm sure at one point there was season fanart on a few shows until I updated the library at one point. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
need a skin that use this, i don't remember one that support this.
I have every skin that works for Dharma build and none of those seem to have it.
These are the ones I have Installed.
Shade
Focus
Ellipsis
Aeon65
Back Row
Legacy Dark
Mediastream
PM3.HD
Alaska
Alaska Revisited
Night
and of course - Confluence

None of these have separate Season fanart. What other skin possibly could and how could I get them to work on Dharma build?
I *think* Night supports this in some views.
prae5 Wrote:I *think* Night supports this in some views.

Actually I looked into it, had it in for a few days, but for some reason it was causing a bug where the user couldn't change fanart. I've been meaning to look into it just haven't yet...

I know Showmix does but that skin died, I think Aeon65 does but maybe someone knows for sure...

Not that it's one or the other but I think 'extrafanart' is a cooler feature than Season Fanart. 'Extarfanart' allows random cycling fanart in TV section, movies too if you want. Just create a folder called extrafanart at the root of TV show and put however many Fanarts you want in that folder. Not every show needs it, if you want just your favorite 3 shows then those 3 shows will use it and the rest will use the regular static fanart.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
need to ask the skinner, or modify the skin by yourself.
mcborzu Wrote:Not that it's one or the other but I think 'extrafanart' is a cooler feature than Season Fanart. 'Extarfanart' allows random cycling fanart in TV section, movies too if you want. Just create a folder called extrafanart at the root of TV show and put however many Fanarts you want in that folder. Not every show needs it, if you want just your favorite 3 shows then those 3 shows will use it and the rest will use the regular static fanart.

So this feature is implemented in what skins? All of them? Does the extrafanart have to be named anything in particular? Is this different from extrathumbs?
Same principle as extrathumbs but you dont need to name thumb1, thumb2 etc...They can be called anything you want. I believe only Night has this...

I like it. Only, is there a way to make them rotate a bit faster? Is there a file or line of code I can edit?
Henchmanc Wrote:I like it. Only, is there a way to make them rotate a bit faster? Is there a file or line of code I can edit?

Techinally yes, but the values I choose for <timeperimage> and <fadetime> were the best, imo, that you wouldn't notice the static fanart image behind it...

In MyVideoNav.xml play with the values in bold:

Quote:<control type="multiimage">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]/extrafanart</imagepath>
<timeperimage>7000</timeperimage>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<fadetime>1000</fadetime>
<include>Animation_BackdropFade</include>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(extrafanart) + ![Control.IsVisible(59) | Control.IsVisible(54) | Control.IsVisible(57) | Control.IsVisible(56) | Control.IsVisible(592) | Control.IsVisible(597)]</visible>
</control>

mcborzu I love the extrafanart feature. Does it also work when you navigate to a season? i.e. I know when I enter a tv show it will pick a random image from tvshow\extrafanart if present. Then when I select a season does the fanart also cycle?
ppic Wrote:need a skin that use this, i don't remember one that support this.

The Latest Git Version of Night
has the ability

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No SEASON fanart.0