• 5(current)
[RELEASE] RandomItems (Random Items) Script
Also, is it possible to get the ability to use the episodes folder.jpg instead of the thumb?
To learn more, click here.
Big_Noid Wrote:Do you think it's possible to have the XBMC.org repo as a source and an onclick action to the respective addon installer?

i have been thinking of that, but i don't know how team xbmc would feel if we're gonna going to 'scrape' their site.

let's say many skins will add this new feature and the script runs every 30 minutes or so, that may add up to a lot of extra traffic...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Didn't think of that.
I came across something, if there is no thumb available, it uses the last thumb of the list it displayed to display the missing thumb. It's probably better to just show nothing, then you can add a fallback image in the skin.

EDIT: or maybe the author of the add-on should add a icon.png
igotdvds Wrote:Anyway to get recent addons in the recently added script?

i doubt it. afaik xbmc doesn't keep track of install dates.

igotdvds Wrote:Also, is it possible to get the ability to use the episodes folder.jpg instead of the thumb?

hmm...never heard of poeple using folder.jpg images for episodes.
what's the difference compared to the thumb?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Big_Noid Wrote:Didn't think of that.
I came across something, if there is no thumb available, it uses the last thumb of the list it displayed to display the missing thumb. It's probably better to just show nothing, then you can add a fallback image in the skin.

EDIT: or maybe the author of the add-on should add a icon.png

for all the official addons it's required to include an icon.png.
third party addons can do whatever they like of course.

but to answer your question, for some reason xbmc will always return icon.png and fanart.jpg for every addon...even if they are not included.
see: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9530

however, in the skin you should specify a fallback image and it should show up if icon.png can't be found.....at least it's working for me.
ronie Wrote:i doubt it. afaik xbmc doesn't keep track of install dates.

hmm...never heard of poeple using folder.jpg images for episodes.
what's the difference compared to the thumb?

I want to use the TV Show poster. So I really want RandomEpisode.1.Path,,poster.jpg.

Currently that doesnt work.
ronie Wrote:for all the official addons it's required to include an icon.png.
third party addons can do whatever they like of course.

but to answer your question, for some reason xbmc will always return icon.png and fanart.jpg for every addon...even if they are not included.
see: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9530

however, in the skin you should specify a fallback image and it should show up if icon.png can't be found.....at least it's working for me.

yeah, you're right, my fallback image didn't exist. About the repo, all available addons are also in the Addons14.db. You could get the information from there.

EDIT: the fanart, icons and changelog are still pulled from the xbmc site. But this is probably cached so not every time loaded from the site.
igotdvds Wrote:I want to use the TV Show poster. So I really want RandomEpisode.1.Path,,poster.jpg.

a very dirty, unethical, unrecommended and you didn't get this from me way
would be to use something like:
$INFO[Window.Property(RandomEpisode.1.Path),,/../../poster.jpg]
Big_Noid Wrote:About the repo, all available addons are also in the Addons14.db. You could get the information from there.

that's what i tried initially a few weeks ago, but as far as i know xbmc does not provide a way (neither json rpc nor http api) to query the addondb.
ronie Wrote:a very dirty, unethical, unrecommended and you didn't get this from me way
would be to use something like:
$INFO[Window.Property(RandomEpisode.1.Path),,/../../poster.jpg]

lol, thanks. Smile
ronie Wrote:that's what i tried initially a few weeks ago, but as far as i know xbmc does not provide a way (neither json rpc nor http api) to query the addondb.
you can query sql directly from python (using f.e. pysqlite)
@ronie

With your newest addition (addons), I cant get the addons to execute. I used your code RunAddon, but nothing runs.
igotdvds Wrote:@ronie

With your newest addition (addons), I cant get the addons to execute. I used your code RunAddon, but nothing runs.

i'll be needing a Debug Log before i can say anything usefull about it ;-)
ronie Wrote:i'll be needing a Debug Log before i can say anything usefull about it ;-)

Not needed anymore.
this works:
Code:
<onclick>RunAddon($INFO[Window.Property(RandomAddon.%d.Path)])</onclick>
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] RandomItems (Random Items) Script2