Mythtv recordings, xbmc, and deinterlacing
I'm running XBMC live on a thumbdrive right now and I have a mythtv backend on a separate machine.
I can connect to my backend and play videos just fine using both mythbox and the myth:// protocol.
The only problem is the recordings are interlaced and none of the interlacing methods I choose in xbmc seem to be doing anything. I have no problems with interlacing on a mythtv frontend.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
romanodog,

i've got a nightly xbmc running and i've noticed extreme jagginess when watching recorded programs found on the myth:// protocol accessed videos.

so i would guess this has to do with the interlacing (i didn't realize mythtv did that).

i too would be very interested in an answer to this. for now, i switch back and forth between mythtv/xbmc to avoid this.
Our interlaced 1080i recordings playback fine with the de-interlacers?

Anything in the XBMC log? What sort of video stream content is it, MPEG, H264. Using VDPAU, what interlacers have you tried, what upscaling are you usingHuh
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mythtv recordings, xbmc, and deinterlacing0