1080p playback - do I need to configure things for it to work?
Using a Dharma nightly, playback of 1080p mkv's stutters a lot with DXVA enabled. With it disabled things work better as my cpu can handle the decoding. My graphics card is Nvidia 9800GT and latest drivers on Win7 x64 so I know DXVA is fully supported.

I'm going to post a log when I get home, but just wanted to ask if this needs to be configured using the settings in the wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer) or is supposed to work out of the box.
Does your monitor/TV support 24hz playback though? There is an option next to the DXVA option to adjust display refresh rate to match video (or something similar). If your monitor supports 24hz select this and your stutter will go away.

If your monitor does not support 24hz you will most likely have to live with the stutter as most downloaded 1080 mkvs are at 24fps and they will only really play well on 24hz displays in my experience.

Oh and Darhma just works out of the box if you pick DXVA and the option I mentioned. No need to do further tweaking or add your own codecs.
Hello All,

I am sorry for my ignorance.. please forgive me. Let me tell you what I understand and then you may wish to correct me if I am wrong

From what I understand setting TV and devices to 24p (24hz) is best for Blu Ray Movies as it makes it run smoother.. Am I right in saying this?

Now I have a question I am running .mkv files all 1080p with DTS sound tracks at 60hz from my HTPC which has a Zotac H55 WIFI Mobo and a intel i3 with HD graphics and 4GB Ram . I am using XBMC as my media player . All my movies are on my server which is upstairs and I am streaming via network.. No stutter and very clean video and audio playback.

The HTPC is plugged into my Onkyo 608 receiver and I have a HDMI pluged into my 60" LG 60PK590 which I believe all support 24p playback.

When I go into my HTPC intel HD graphics settings and change the refresh rate to 24hz I then get stuttery video and sound cuts out every few seconds? Why is this?

What is the benefit of having 24p? How can I enable this and get smooth video and sound . At 60hz all is working fine but at 24hz it is a little juttery and the sound cuts out and comes back?

Would really appreciate any help and input. Is this something to do with XBMC or my Onkyo 608 settings or even my TV?

Thanks in advance..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p playback - do I need to configure things for it to work?0