[WINDOWS] Executor addon problem with space in path
I found the Executor addon in the repository. Since I couldn't find a thread specific to this addon I opened this new thread.

I've added an application to launch which has a space in the filename:
C:\Games\Guild Wars\gw.exe

Now when I want to launch it I get a Windows error message, that C:\Games\Guild was not found.

Hope you can fix it.
Thanks!
I can confirm that. Same for me on Win7.
for now you could just create a batch file that will work and just put it on the root of your C: drive and set executor to launch it instead of the whole path.

for example for the guild wars one you mentioned just create a txt file like this:

@echo off

start "" "C:\Games\Guild Wars\gw.exe"

name this file gw.bat and point executor to launch this file on the root of your C: and it should work just fine
You can also use the old DOS "8.3" version of the filename. For example,
D:\Jeff\Games\gb\Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow.zip
becomes
D:\Jeff\Games\gb\Castle~1.zip
Of course, this requires manually editing the programs.cfg file.

Hopefully someone smarter than me fixes this problem soon, or finds a better workaround.

Jeff
Heh, looks like executor was just updated to 0.2.5, fixing this exact issue. Thanks, whoever did that.
still space issues for me in Win 7 x64. Dharma Beta 1, Executor 2.5.0
I've been having success with spaces now (0.2.5). Here is an example from my programs.cfg:
Code:
exec = D:\Jeff\Programs\nestopia\nestopia.exe \"d:\jeff\games\nes\castlevania 2.zip\"
I wrapped the rom path in escaped double quotes and it works fine. Not sure if the gui will do that for you, as I edited my cfg file manually.

Jeff
still doesnt work for me... i mean it doesnt work with spaces Smile
v 0.2.5

cheers
I know this is an old thread but a workaround as it still occurs on 10.0 beta 1 r33323 (29 Aug 2010):
I created a directoy XBMCShortcuts (note no spaces)
I then create a shortcut to the program and rename the shortcut to something else with no spaces.
For example I want to run Firefox but as it is in Program Files (with an embedded space it will not run.
I create shortcut and put a copy in my XBMCShortcuts directory and rename it Firefox. When setting up in executor it is actually Firefox.lnk
As there are now no spaces it runs I can also add a parameter in the link to go to a specific page (e.g. http://www.ft.com).
PROBLEM - although it runs OK and firefos loads, the system WInows 7, reverts back to XBMC abd I have to close to see the Fireox screen. I guess there is a workaround to minimise that I will look for but the above is a way of getting round the embedded spaces.
I use this addon on Win7 x64, but:

- Addon can't run 64 bit programs from %programfiles% directory on my machine
- spaces in paths doesn't work, always getting a path error
- Addon can't run programs immediately after adding them to the list, have to restart xbmc, then it works

Workaround for spaces problem:
Create shortcuts without spaces in the filenames and use them to start your programs, works 100% (32 bit only though)

cheers!
i still have the issue... can someone plz fix this bug? its kinda anoying when you cant start steam games because your not allowd to rename the folder Sad
I have drive D: (DVD-Drive) only but not C: !??
How can I fix that?

Edit: Works after restart, but use advanced launcher now.
This really shouldn't be in the repository if you ask me, it's basically useless if you use it only from the gui [so you can't workaround the spaces in dir names or file names], and apparently? unsupported.
jeff93063 Wrote:You can also use the old DOS "8.3" version of the filename. For example,
D:\Jeff\Games\gb\Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow.zip
becomes
D:\Jeff\Games\gb\Castle~1.zip
Of course, this requires manually editing the programs.cfg file.

Hopefully someone smarter than me fixes this problem soon, or finds a better workaround.

Jeff

This worked perfectly; the hardest part was finding the config file:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.executor\progams.cfg

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Executor addon problem with space in path0