• 2(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
Thanks for your efforts. I just updated and am now able to log in. The log message is still there and I ran into a video that failed ...

videoid=IcgfdtkcIW0

http://pastebin.com/pspWkX9g

MB
mighty_bombero Wrote:Thanks for your efforts. I just updated and am now able to log in. The log message is still there and I ran into a video that failed ...

videoid=IcgfdtkcIW0

http://pastebin.com/pspWkX9g

MB

ehm, we need the entire log. Please upload the entire log to the pastebin i provided above.

but i guess it doesn't really matter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcgfdtkcIW0 <- it is marked private.

I am not sure if we can filter those out, i'll look into it tomorrow.

At the very least i will make it provide a nice notification of why it doesn't play.
Great to see an updated YouTube plugin. I haven't used it extensively, but I like it, and so far I can say that it certainly looks like the search results make a lot more sense than the original plugin! Great work so far.

Anyway, first off I just wanted to add a feature request: Would it be possible to have a feature to search against a particular user? For example you could do a search for "the IT crowd" against the user "4oDcomedy", which would mean that the results you'd get would all be from the channel that creates the program, and would be full episodes rather than clips.

Secondly, I'm also getting the "login failed" error when I attempt to watch certain videos from 4oD (UK restricted rtmpe streams) that normally present an age warning (example). I tried a few different ones without success but, as I say, I've not used the plugin extensively yet. I did also try some other videos from 4oD that would not provide an age warning (example: this one) which started playing OK, but after a minute or two these would stop playing by themselves. This reminded me of what happened to BBC iPlayer videos before rtmpe streams were supported in that plugin. I also tried a video which I don't believe would be using rtmpe or age restrictions, and that one worked absolutely fine (it was this one).

full debug log, attempting access of the example videos above:
http://pastebin.com/LnAZkuud
I was curious is vevo music video content is possible? I think they removed their content from the API a while back. I haven't looked at your code so don't know what you guys are using but just putting in a request if possible. I was looking into making one specifically for vevos site but all their distrobution is still by YouTubes network.

Thanks for the plugin.
Hi,

didn't try to open the video on the actual site. It must have become private after I had added it to my favourites.

As the feature requests are coming in I would like to add one.

It is really nice that you have added the playlists in. It would be really awesome if I could queue up a whole playlist from the context menu. I think bluecop is building such queues in the southpark plugin if you need sample code.

MB
procrastinator Wrote:Great to see an updated YouTube plugin. I haven't used it extensively, but I like it, and so far I can say that it certainly looks like the search results make a lot more sense than the original plugin! Great work so far.

Anyway, first off I just wanted to add a feature request: Would it be possible to have a feature to search against a particular user? For example you could do a search for "the IT crowd" against the user "4oDcomedy", which would mean that the results you'd get would all be from the channel that creates the program, and would be full episodes rather than clips.

Secondly, I'm also getting the "login failed" error when I attempt to watch certain videos from 4oD (UK restricted rtmpe streams) that normally present an age warning (example). I tried a few different ones without success but, as I say, I've not used the plugin extensively yet. I did also try some other videos from 4oD that would not provide an age warning (example: this one) which started playing OK, but after a minute or two these would stop playing by themselves. This reminded me of what happened to BBC iPlayer videos before rtmpe streams were supported in that plugin. I also tried a video which I don't believe would be using rtmpe or age restrictions, and that one worked absolutely fine (it was this one).

full debug log, attempting access of the example videos above:

Ah, we had only found one video which used rtmpe, were it not for that video we wouldn't even have it in the plugin.

We will investigate.

BlueCop Wrote:I was curious is vevo music video content is possible? I think they removed their content from the API a while back. I haven't looked at your code so don't know what you guys are using but just putting in a request if possible. I was looking into making one specifically for vevos site but all their distrobution is still by YouTubes network.

Thanks for the plugin.
We have tested with the VEVO account, so it should work.

Try this. Subscribe to the VEVO user. Open the context menu on the VEVO folder, and change the subscription type to "Favorites".

If this doesn't give you what you want, could you give me a link to a youtube page that contains the video list you want.

mighty_bombero Wrote:Hi,
It is really nice that you have added the playlists in. It would be really awesome if I could queue up a whole playlist from the context menu. I think bluecop is building such queues in the southpark plugin if you need sample code.

MB

That should actually work, though there is no context menu for it. But i'm pretty sure i saw a patch that disabled queuing folders in plugins because it might cause and endless loop.

But even if that is the case it shouldn't be too hard to add it to the folders that don't continue to infinity.
procrastinator Wrote:full debug log, attempting access of the example videos above:

Hm, i don't see any debug from the plugin. Did you enable debug in the plugin, or just in XBMC?

Could you upload another log with debug enabled in the plugin(You enable it in settings).
procrastinator Wrote:Anyway, first off I just wanted to add a feature request: Would it be possible to have a feature to search against a particular user? For example you could do a search for "the IT crowd" against the user "4oDcomedy", which would mean that the results you'd get would all be from the channel that creates the program, and would be full episodes rather than clips.
We are going to implement this in a context menu.

procrastinator Wrote:Secondly, I'm also getting the "login failed" error when I attempt to watch certain videos from 4oD (UK restricted rtmpe streams) that normally present an age warning (example). I tried a few different ones without success but, as I say, I've not used the plugin extensively yet.
I have tried testing those videos, but they won't allow me access(country restriction). But if you want to help test and provide debug logs we should be able to get it to work.

procrastinator Wrote:I did also try some other videos from 4oD that would not provide an age warning (example: this one) which started playing OK, but after a minute or two these would stop playing by themselves.
As soon as the video starts to play it is out of our hands. Our plugin simply gives XBMC the path to the videostream. So this would have to be an XBMC problem and sadly not something we can do anything about.
Could you put this in an addon repo for easy updates?
I repeated the process used to create the previous debug log. On the first run I did check that the debug option was enabled in the plugin, and it was actually already checked, so I don't know if these logs will be any different to the last.

The first time I tried repeating the problem the first video (with rtmpe AND age restriction) did start to play. This is despite being given the "Login Failed" warning when I exited the plugin settings after checking the debug option was checked (no warning given when I tried to play the actual video). But both rtmpe videos still failed after 2 mins of playing.

Here's the debug log from that attempt: http://pastebin.com/UTEB2CTg

I then tried to repeat the process and this time failed to get the rtmpe+age restriciton video to play. The only thing I did different on this attempt was that I did not check the plugin settings before trying to view the video.

here's the debug from that session: http://pastebin.com/sHDerEHZ

Note that I did actually try going into settings before viewing videos a few times last night and at that time it didn't make the videos playable, so I don't know what's going on, but it doesn't seem consistant.

Re: rtmpe playback
I think that the fact that the rtmpe videos stop playing after a couple of mins would suggest that XBMC is failing to deal with SWF verification, and is an identical symptom to that experienced with the non-rtmpe capable BBC iPlayer plugin. My current build of XBMC is capable of playing rtmpe videos from iPlayer with the current plugin which would suggest that it is not a fundamental problem with XBMC. It is also able to rtmpe streams from YouTube using the original plugin with the altered YoutubeClient.py file created by exobuzz:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=577...tcount=144

Exobuzz is an exceptionally busy person when it comes to XBMC, but given his previous experience getting rtmpe streams working, he might be worth contacting as he might be able to help.

I'm sorry that I'm only using UK-restricted rtmpe streams, I know it's not terribly practical for you, but they're the only ones I know of. I'm also sorry that I think this is probably gonna be the last debug I can post for a little while. I'm crazy-busy at work over the next few days and doubt I'll get a chance to fiddle with XBMC for a little while.

Good luck!
I just found out not 30 minutes ago that i had a wrong test in the plugin, so no debugging is working at all.

Sorry bout that. I'll have an update soonish.
poserdonut Wrote:Could you put this in an addon repo for easy updates?

We need to make sure all the licences for our pictures are on the up and up before we try to get pulled into the addon repo.
procrastinator Wrote:I repeated the process used to create the previous debug log. On the first run I did check that the debug option was enabled in the plugin, and it was actually already checked, so I don't know if these logs will be any different to the last.

The first time I tried repeating the problem the first video (with rtmpe AND age restriction) did start to play. This is despite being given the "Login Failed" warning when I exited the plugin settings after checking the debug option was checked (no warning given when I tried to play the actual video). But both rtmpe videos still failed after 2 mins of playing.

Here's the debug log from that attempt: http://pastebin.com/UTEB2CTg

I then tried to repeat the process and this time failed to get the rtmpe+age restriciton video to play. The only thing I did different on this attempt was that I did not check the plugin settings before trying to view the video.

here's the debug from that session: http://pastebin.com/sHDerEHZ

Note that I did actually try going into settings before viewing videos a few times last night and at that time it didn't make the videos playable, so I don't know what's going on, but it doesn't seem consistant.

Re: rtmpe playback
I think that the fact that the rtmpe videos stop playing after a couple of mins would suggest that XBMC is failing to deal with SWF verification, and is an identical symptom to that experienced with the non-rtmpe capable BBC iPlayer plugin. My current build of XBMC is capable of playing rtmpe videos from iPlayer with the current plugin which would suggest that it is not a fundamental problem with XBMC. It is also able to rtmpe streams from YouTube using the original plugin with the altered YoutubeClient.py file created by exobuzz:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=577...tcount=144

Exobuzz is an exceptionally busy person when it comes to XBMC, but given his previous experience getting rtmpe streams working, he might be worth contacting as he might be able to help.

I'm sorry that I'm only using UK-restricted rtmpe streams, I know it's not terribly practical for you, but they're the only ones I know of. I'm also sorry that I think this is probably gonna be the last debug I can post for a little while. I'm crazy-busy at work over the next few days and doubt I'll get a chance to fiddle with XBMC for a little while.

Good luck!

Ok, I just uploaded a new zip file where debugging actually works. So i'm sorry i can't work on before you get back.

I'll get HenrikDK to look into the rtmpe streams and Exobuzz's work. Thanks for the hint.

@mighty_bombero: This upload should now show a proper error message when you try to play the private video.
Just wanted to leave some thanks for this great plugin.
Even though it's just a "beta" it's already more stable than the implemented youtube plugin (at least on my box).
Correct searches and the region settings are the greatest benefits.
Works great for me, no troubles at all so far, I'm very impressed and I appreciate your work.
TobiasTheCommie Wrote:Ah, we had only found one video which used rtmpe, were it not for that video we wouldn't even have it in the plugin.

Keep in mind, we'll not be able to include it into the official repo if it includes rtmpe. You know, because of our (my) backwards laws.

TheUni
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28