Import/Export Library?
Doesn't seem to work. For a while I've just been putting everything in the videos folder and having XBMC sort it out. I wanted to create sub folders in the videos folder under windows- so I moved everything under videos into either "movies" or "series" folders. After doing this XBMC duplicated the entries. I even tried to import the old library but that didn't work either.

So for instance- if I wanted to move my library with all the custom fan art pictures- am I suppose to select single file or another option during the export?

It seems like import will only work if the folder structure is exactly the same. Does this mean I can't import my library on another computer without having to do a rescan for all the media?
1. Export to separate files
2. Move stuff in filesystem
3. Cleanup library from video settings
4. Add new source + set content
5. Scan for new content. That will pick up the previously exported files.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the help. I'm a bit lost on step 5 since i have my settings are configured to update the library on startup it just goes ahead and starts redownloading all the thumbs and fanart again.

If I turn that off- clean the library and then change the source folders it will automatically remember where I exported the library to and won't attempt to redownload the thumbs and just copy from the export?

How can I export and import a library from one computer to another? I don't see how the second computer can recognize the different file structure from the export. Although I didn't try the separate files option.

What I'm trying to do is replicate the same thumbs and fanart on two different machines with different source folders.
If it's not picking up the previously exported files you've mis-configured the content settings. Double check the "use folder names for lookups" option.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
After doing a few searches on google I understand it now.

http://deonvanrhyn.wordpress.com/2010/01...-it-again/

So I export it using separated files and it will add the thumbs and nfo data to the source folder.

I guess my next question is once xbmc reads that information can I delete it from the source folder? I was under the impression xbmc stored all that info in the appdata folder in windows in a compressed format.

So I guess my question is now can I delete that everything but the video files and srt files from my source folder after I do the import?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import/Export Library?0