New Addons not showing?
Hi again all,
I've noticed that new addons do not show up in XBMC for some time. My ICanHasCheezburger addon was added yesterday, and then updated to a new version today.

One of my PCs still shows the old (V0.3) version in the addon manager, not the new (V0.4) version.

The other PC doesn't even show it. Both have "Automatically Update" updated.

Is this a problem with the latest Dharma, or am I missing something?
XBMC only attempts updating every 6 hours.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:XBMC only attempts updating every 6 hours.

That explains it. It might be nice to have a "force update" option!
If you delete the Addons.db in userdata/Database then go to Settings/Addons it should pull the updated list of Addons(I have done this when I am in a little bit of a rush).
There is an option for that. I select the repo in the add-on manager and I use the info button on my remote to bring up the option to force an update.
BlueCop Wrote:There is an option for that. I select the repo in the add-on manager and I use the info button on my remote to bring up the option to force an update.
-
Ah. I missed that.. (I use a keyboard, so C on the keyboard does it.)
Maybe I need to go the the addons mailing list for the rest of this. I submitted V0.4 of my plugin, and I was added, but checking the official repository is showing V0.3 still... I don't know if I screwed up the version #, or if something else is happening... (The addon is plugin.image.icanhascheezburger.com)
looks like you just missed the update by 17 mins... (according to the mailing list)
giftie Wrote:looks like you just missed the update by 17 mins... (according to the mailing list)

Oh, so even though I got the mail that my change was accepted, it really isn't until some daily/nightly update happens?
bmillham Wrote:Oh, so even though I got the mail that my change was accepted, it really isn't until some daily/nightly update happens?

OK, now I'm not sure what happened. Somehow, the version that was commited by spiff had all my changes, except the version # change in addon.xml. Looking at github, when I look at my V0.4 tag, it shows the version properly in addon.xml. (The git revision # was 60485f2)

I'm sure ***I*** did something wrong (I'm still trying to learn git, I'm an SVN person).
Unless I'm missing a commit message, 0.4 hasn't been committed to the repo. The last commit done by spiff was integrating TheUni's fix.

It might pay to reply to his last mail and check that things haven't gotten out of sync.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

This was the reply to the email on the list:

Quote:On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Brian Millham <[email protected]> wrote:
> *addon - plugin.image.icanhascheezburger.com
> *version - 0.4
> *url -
> git://github.com/bmillham/plugin.pictures.icanhascheezburger.com.git
> *revision - 60485f2
> *branch - master
> *xbmc version - dharma

updated.

Should I take this to the mailing list to figure out what's going on (and I still believe that it's probably something that I did), or should we keep the discussion here?
The mailing list is the easiest way for you to get noticed Smile
no idea what happened, updated now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Addons not showing?0