Set time and date in Xbmc live.
This question is to anyone. Is there a way to change the time and date in xbmc live?
Yes,

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=App...e_Settings

please read and do us that favor.
DougJ Wrote:Yes,

DougJ

Is there really any reason to flame a user for a simple question. Give the guy a break its a reasonable question. The forum is here for a reason to support everyone that loves XBMC and people that are new to XBMC.

bobb09
DougJ Wrote:Yes,

Are you sure? I want to change the system time and date, not the region. When I set the region to Africa/Nairobi, the clock is ahead by 3 hrs. when i go online, it is synced to the time server. When I reboot then disconnect, The clock is then ahead by 3 hrs.
bobb09,
agreed. point well taken.

Chegz254,
have you checked the bios clock settings? are they correct? I have my region set to my timezone (I am in DC) and wheather I connected to the internet or not I get an accurate date and time.

Btw what hardware are you running?
the thing is: I have no idea if chegz is running minimal ubuntu with XBMC on top or desktop ubuntu (add.: okay it's in thread title...). usually when installing you tell ubuntu your timezone and from then on all the date/timezone stuff incl. ntp updates are done by the underlying system if there's a working internet connection. the options in xbmc are mostly regional and just for fun also include time settings in case they're different from what was given at installation and/or in the ubuntu desktop.

chances are chegz is running XBMCbuntu but during setup entered a wrong time zone. this is why the clock always reverts after every reboot. so one needs to find out what steps need to be done in the underlying system (i.e. ubuntu linux) via the terminal or SSH console to get the correct time zone. and again, google comes to the rescue!
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
According to ubuntu doc

Using the Command Line (terminal)

Using the command line, you can use dpkg-reconfigure tzdata.

1. Open a terminal window by going to Applications>Accessories>Terminal
2. dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
3. Follow the directions in the terminal.
DougJ Wrote:bobb09,
agreed. point well taken.

Chegz254,
have you checked the bios clock settings? are they correct? I have my region set to my timezone (I am in DC) and wheather I connected to the internet or not I get an accurate date and time.

Btw what hardware are you running?

I installed xbmc live on usb. The laptop I use is hp pavillion dv6000, MS Vista, 1 gb ram, intel mobility 945 family chipset. The bios time is set correctly (GMT +3)(Nairobi).
@trolly, I'll try out the commands and see if they work for me in the intel GPU safe mode.
trolly Wrote:According to ubuntu doc

Using the Command Line (terminal)

Using the command line, you can use dpkg-reconfigure tzdata.

1. Open a terminal window by going to Applications>Accessories>Terminal
2. dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
3. Follow the directions in the terminal.

trolly, when I used this command, it only changed the time zone, not the time and date.

In case any of you are wondering, i am using the live cd on an usb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set time and date in Xbmc live.0