Installed: (nothing)
Candidate: 1:10.08~svn33122-lucid1
Tabella version.e:
1:10.08~svn33122-lucid1 0
500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc-svn/ppa/ubuntu/ lucid/main Packages
1:9.11-lucid3 0
500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu/ lucid/main Packages

but I use SVN and have:
Aggiornato(upgraded to.. in english) alla rev.isione 33277.
I've upgrade without no problem.
After upgrade to Dharma, everything looks fine, but I can't shutdown, suspend, restart, or hibernate anymore. When I press the power button, looks like a crash (I see an X in the center of the screen and the xbmc mains screen comes back after that), but have no crash log in users's directory or "core" file.
I'm running Ubuntu karmic, and I do have pm-utils and policykit, and have registred all necessary rights to xbmc user.

Anyone got this problem?

Thanks in advance.
I've finally gotten a chance to try these suggestions and immediately run into a problem.
"sudo add-apt-repository: command not found"
Isn't that a basic command... why is it not found?

Edit: Did the basic app-update/apt-upgrade (without ever being able to get the svn repo to install) and it showed xbmc would be updated... but when it finished xbmc wouldn't even start. It gives me the error "XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering. Install an appropriate graphics driver."
FireMan Wrote:I've upgrade without no problem.
After upgrade to Dharma, everything looks fine, but I can't shutdown, suspend, restart, or hibernate anymore. When I press the power button, looks like a crash (I see an X in the center of the screen and the xbmc mains screen comes back after that), but have no crash log in users's directory or "core" file.
I'm running Ubuntu karmic, and I do have pm-utils and policykit, and have registred all necessary rights to xbmc user.

Anyone got this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Just to report: this is probably a bug, since it didn't happen after compile and install latest SVN (33592).

Cheers.
NickMc53 Wrote:...it showed xbmc would be updated... but when it finished xbmc wouldn't even start. It gives me the error "XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering. Install an appropriate graphics driver."
Well, just do as it says: install the HW accelerated driver. I did this several times, as X got updated...Nerd
Hi all...

I also was interested in updating to latest version. After reading all post i did:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get upgrade xbmc
sudo apt-get install xbmc

My machine installed alot of upgrades but after i realised my remote was not working anymore Sad ... Nice that i did a clonezilla on the drive so i can clone it back when i get home. Anyway i have tried to understand but relly dont so my question is.
I have installed the dharma beta1 live cd, installed it to my disk. When i have configured everything the way i want, adding my asrock remote an all. How can i update to the latest version without losing my remote and setting?

This i understand: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
What next?
alex84 Wrote:Hi all...

I also was interested in updating to latest version. After reading all post i did:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get upgrade xbmc
sudo apt-get install xbmc

My machine installed alot of upgrades but after i realised my remote was not working anymore Sad ... Nice that i did a clonezilla on the drive so i can clone it back when i get home. Anyway i have tried to understand but relly dont so my question is.
I have installed the dharma beta1 live cd, installed it to my disk. When i have configured everything the way i want, adding my asrock remote an all. How can i update to the latest version without losing my remote and setting?

This i understand: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
What next?

Hi,

Try:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Cheers.
Thanks that worked perfect, all settings still intact.

Cheers Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating XBMC0