ATV + CrystalHD Skin/Settings Optimizations?
I'm fairly new to this setup (1 week) and am currently using all the 'default' settings within XBMC (Confluence skin, etc).

HD content plays great now, but I'm wondering if there are certain settings or skins that offload graphics processing to the CrystalHD card (BCM70015) to improve menu browsing and general snappiness of the XBMC environment.

While I'm at it, I suppose it would be wise to optimize Confluence (or another more suitable skin?) for the AppleTV's limited processor and memory capacity. If there's already a thread devoted to this...I apologize in advance. Huh

Any hints/tips most welcome!
Scott B Wrote:I'm fairly new to this setup (1 week) and am currently using all the 'default' settings within XBMC (Confluence skin, etc).

HD content plays great now, but I'm wondering if there are certain settings or skins that offload graphics processing to the CrystalHD card (BCM70015) to improve menu browsing and general snappiness of the XBMC environment.

While I'm at it, I suppose it would be wise to optimize Confluence (or another more suitable skin?) for the AppleTV's limited processor and memory capacity. If there's already a thread devoted to this...I apologize in advance. Huh

Any hints/tips most welcome!

You might also mention which OS you are running on the AppleTV, it makes a difference.
I found that disabling fan-art in all my views made the menus more responsive. That's the only tweak I've done. (aTV/aTVOS).

There's also a minimal skin called xTV which I haven't tried - mimics the aTV interface. But I like confluence and find that it's plenty snappy for me.
davilla Wrote:You might also mention which OS you are running on the AppleTV, it makes a difference.

Oops. The stock Apple OS. No Linux/Ubuntu here.
thnmnt Wrote:I found that disabling fan-art in all my views made the menus more responsive. That's the only tweak I've done. (aTV/aTVOS).

There's also a minimal skin called xTV which I haven't tried - mimics the aTV interface. But I like confluence and find that it's plenty snappy for me.

Good tip! I've already done this but perhaps others haven't.

If this thread loads up with tons of tips, I'll collate them in the OP.

Perhaps Mr. Davilla could comment on whether or not it's possible to offload any XBMC graphics processing (via skin?) to the CrystalHD card... Smile
i've found this skin is quicker than confluence... and i think it looks better too
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78118
Scott B Wrote:Perhaps Mr. Davilla could comment on whether or not it's possible to offload any XBMC graphics processing (via skin?) to the CrystalHD card... Smile

Nope, CrystalHD is a hardware video decoder and not a GPU.
davilla Wrote:Nope, CrystalHD is a hardware video decoder and not a GPU.

So, you're saying that we need a skin that's essentially all video? Big Grin
ATV (linux) +
Big Alaska or Alaska Revisited +
DDS fanart =
Golden
I think that Davilla said at some point that there would be a gain in performance mounting SMB shares in the ATV. Never tested it...

info on that
http://www.appletvbbs.com/mods-hacks/113...hares.html

Also DDS fanart helps a lot.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=413466&postcount=1
Great suggestions, fellas. Keep them coming!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV + CrystalHD Skin/Settings Optimizations?0