• 13(current)
Bluetooth TiVo Slide Remote with QWERTY keyboard / keypad finally goes retail
(2015-12-04, 18:29)lusephur Wrote: Old thread, I do apologise. But currently running a test build of openelec by Fritsch from the linux/linux live section of this forum, he uses the 4.3 kernel and certain buttons do not register. ch up, ch down, tivo, the select button on top of the remote. EVTEST registers button presses but keymap editor will not record button presses for these buttons when you choose to edit.
Any help on what to do?

Did you follow these instructions? TiVo Slide (wiki)
Alas,I did. And the issue persists.
Even changing the hwdb entry replacing keyboard:usb:v150Ap1203* with evdev:input:b0003v150Ap1203*
I don't know if it's a kernel issue or not. THe remote worked fine with Fritschs builds up to Oct 30th,all builds after have not been able to recognise the stated buttons (Select/Ch up/Ch Down/Tivo )
The majority of the buttons work. It's just awkward having to use the enter button at the bottom of the remote when navigating. Which is a shame,as when it was all mapped out,this remote was perfect.
After compiling openelec from source, using the master branch to version 7, the issue still persists, the patch included since version 5.0.6 may not be installed yet. Looks like I can only wait and see. Unless someone can point me in the right direction on where and how to apply the hid patch.
Update on all this.
My bad, bleedin typo, by me, resulted in the remote failing to work.
The updated rules in the wiki do indeed work perfectly.
Hi
I used this thread and patch perfectly on my raspberry pi, however I've now got an Nvidia Shield Android TV box and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make this work.

Will this work with Android?

Thanks.
(2016-02-21, 21:41)Robomonkeyuk Wrote: Hi
I used this thread and patch perfectly on my raspberry pi, however I've now got an Nvidia Shield Android TV box and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make this work.

Will this work with Android?

Thanks.

Suspect not. The changes to get the Tivo remote to work are made at the OS level, not within Kodi I think, and so I don't think there are Android equivalents. That's the downside of using a relatively closed OS.

***EDIT - Ned Scott has tested and it appears things are better than I feared. See lower down in this thread ***

***EDIT 2 - My point stands - you do need to go deeper to get all buttons to map ***
Ah, ok, thanks.

Need to find another remote then.
So it turns out the TiVo Slide works wonderfully on Android. Most of the buttons work by default, and the few that do need to be remapped are easily done so via this gem: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...predefiner

No root required or anything special.
(2016-09-20, 07:43)Ned Scott Wrote: So it turns out the TiVo Slide works wonderfully on Android. Most of the buttons work by default, and the few that do need to be remapped are easily done so via this gem: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...predefiner

No root required or anything special.

Do the Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, Tivo and Live TV buttons properly re-map? And do the Select and Enter keys both work logically in both modes? (Open and Closed)
Sadly, Thumbs up/down, TiVo button, and "live TV" aren't "seen" by the keymapper program (or Android at all, it seems). However, the select and enter keys, both on the face and on the keyboard, can be mapped correctly. I think I've tried all of the buttons at this point, and it's just the four trouble buttons that are an issue, but that's not a big issue for me.
(2016-09-21, 02:22)Ned Scott Wrote: Sadly, Thumbs up/down, TiVo button, and "live TV" aren't "seen" by the keymapper program (or Android at all, it seems). However, the select and enter keys, both on the face and on the keyboard, can be mapped correctly. I think I've tried all of the buttons at this point, and it's just the four trouble buttons that are an issue, but that's not a big issue for me.

Ah - same limitations we used to have on Linux until someone sorted the drivers properly and found a way of exposing the troublesome buttons. It's a great remote (though I wish it had a STOP button rather than having to remap SLOMO) and the integrated keyboard is great.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluetooth TiVo Slide Remote with QWERTY keyboard / keypad finally goes retail3