Need help updating
Hello Smile

I'm probably overlooking something, but I can't seem to find a proper update manual. Everything gets me redirected to:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins..._XBMC_Live
And that page does not say anything on how to update.

I've installed XBMC Live on an asrock ion pc. My current version is 9.11 r.26018 (i think, got that from the repo installer when checking version compatibility) but that does not support the new addons module.

What I really do not want to do is reinstall xbmc live because I'm using an unpartitioned HD. So all my music and videos are on the same partition as the OS. The XBMC Live cd want to erase everything before installing, so that's not really an option. I'm saving up for a new HD, but that another matter.

Any hint in the proper direction would be greatly appreceated.
Join the club. I've been looking for over a week. There is lots and lots of info about how to stick linux /live on the box, but virtually nothing about how to update / upgrade either XBMC or the underlying O/S. A lot of the posts you find deal with specific versions of the software - usually the one you're NOT using Stare

And man...are there so many different versions. I don't understand why this can't all be done from the XBMC GUI - along with the ability to "Roll-back" should something be amiss. Or better yet - a way of being able to load a version for testing before installing it properly.

I just brought a Zotac Ion box, but the RAM faulted - now I have to wait for the replacement as they don't have any more in stock Rolleyes Hope we both have some answers by then.

Linux is a handful Laugh
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
are guys kidding me?

there was a thread started today on this same issue..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79735

or this thread titled UPDATING XBMC
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79611

and lots of forums posts with in other threads on how to get it set up

-=Jason=-
All you need to do is add the xbmc-svn-ppa, update and install.

Exit xbmc to terminal and log in.

Quote:sudo apt-get update
Quote:sudo apt-get install python-software-properties
Quote:sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc-svn/ppa
Quote:sudo apt-get update
Quote:sudo apt-get install xbmc

That should do it. If you get any errors trying to install xbmc, try

Quote:sudo apt-get install -f
Quote:sudo apt-get install xbmc

This is untested but i reckon it should work.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Thx for the help. It's much appreciated. I'll give this a worl when my replacement RAM arrives.

harryzimm Wrote:Exit xbmc to terminal and log in.

This has been one of my issues using Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn326966-Lucid1. I can't get to the terminal. I've tried crtl+Alt+F1 AND crtl+Alt+F2. The last one takes me to a black screen - no prompt? Any suggestions? Thx
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
You could try using putty. Worked for me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help updating0