Mac Pro and Harmony remote
Question 
Hello,
I am trying to figure out a way to control XBMC through a harmony remote on my Mac Pro.
So far, I bought the Manta TR1 IR receiver, and it works well with the Harmony or the original Apple Remote. But I just have access to the 6 buttons from the Apple TV. I tried with the software from Manta TR1 and from Remote Buddy, I get the same result.
I have been using a Harmony with a PC, and it works great, we can map all the keyboard press to the Harmony with the PC setup as a Plex device.

So my question is: Is there a way to get a Mac Pro, and probably any Mac, to respond correctly to all keyboard press sent from a Harmony remote?

I thought getting an original IR board from a Mac Book Pro and wiring it to a USB cable, but I have been told I would get the same result.

So, any suggestions? Smile
Can you see raw commands sent by harmony? If yes and if Harmony is set for Plex device, then you should see distinct code for each and every button.

I don't know the Manta TR1 software, but it should map the whole string and not just the last part.

Plex command strings are made of remoteID + commandID; mac remote has only 6 commands and plex actually sends only 6 commands, but mimics different remoteIDs, so if the receiving software can consume the whole string (remoteID+commandID) you should be fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Pro and Harmony remote0