Netbook for XBMC
Frozone Wrote:What has to be converted from the ION?

The Mini 311 that comes with XP has what is called the ION LE. Basically it is the ION stuck in Directx 9 mode at the bios level to make Microsoft happy with Windows XP being shipped on the machine.

The easiest way to fix this if you want Windows 7 is to use the overclocking third party bios. Then its just a single setting in the bios to switch from ION LE to ION. You want this bios anyway- the overclocking is what makes this model rock.

If you plan on running Linux or OSX on the machine, then the ION LE doesn't matter.

One last thing to say: My 311 Netbook is the smallest netbook you are gonna find that has a HDMI and can do 1080p. They never really made a mass produced 10 inch netbook with HDMI.

I have a 10 inch Netbook too, and I must say my 311 isn't huge compared to it by any means. I much prefer the 311 as its just large enough (and fast enough with overclock) to do real work on it.

So you have a decision to make: do you want the 10 inches or do you want HDMI out? Because you can't have both from any mainstream vendor....

I have a 10.2" point of view mobii ion netbook have hdmi out. Works great with xbmc but not so impressed by noiselevel, battery performance, and the feel of quality. But is still small and have ion chipset.
http://www.netbooknews.com/category/netbooks/
The I read that the first ION2 Netbooks are announced.
So I will wait 1more Month and buy than one of them. The new Asus looks good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netbook for XBMC0