Two questions for which I haven't found answers yet...
Smile 
Hello everyone,

This is my first post in these forums. I have been tinkering with XBMC (Windows 7 machine) for a couple of months now. Truly amazing piece of software. I have been able to use my Logitech remote to control almost everything, without the use of Event Ghost or any othe additional software. However, after seraching these forums, the wikis and the manuals, I still have two questions.

1. If I am watching a movie and I press the button for "back" (to go to the main menu to change some settings), afterwards I cannot go back to watching the movie using only my remote (I can't get rid of the main/root menu). If I am using a mouse, I just click on an area in the background where the movie is playing, and the menus dissappear. However, I haven't been able to find how to do this using only my remote. In other words, is there a remote/keyboard command for returning to the fullscreen movie after tinkering with the settings?

2. After using the IMDB scraper for my movies, around 90% of them were correctly identified. I have hundreds of movies in many HDDs, so I had to manually change 10% to the correct title. Some of them were small videos (not movies) that I didn't want to see there, so I instructed XBMC to remove them form my library view (with the "Remove from Library" command). However, is seems that whenever I tell XBMC to scan my drives for new content, it goes back and mislabels the movies that I had already manually corrected, and it shows again the videos that I told it not to show. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong, or how to avoid this.

I sincerely appreciate in advance any help that you can provide to me in regards to these issues. I also would like to than all the great people that have made this amazing open source project possible.

Kind regards,

--Ander Garmendia
1) tab on the keyboard. you can map your remote to the same action (it's 'fullscreen' iirc).
2) go to the set content dialog on the dir with those files, set content to none and tick ignore.
Thanks a lot for your responses Spiff. Your response to my first issue worked like a charm.

In regards to the second point, you're suggesting that I modify the content of the whole directory, but the situaton is this:

I have a directory with my movies. I don't want a few of those movies to show up in XBMC, so I eliminate them from the library. However, I keep adding new movies to that same directory every once in a while. I would like XBMC to detect and include those new movies into my library, but avoid or ignore the ones that I previously marked for exclusion. Is that possible?

Also, I have tried to move the unwanted movies to a different directory, but when I update the library, XBMC doesn't delete from the library the movies that are no longer in that directory. Is it possible to achieve this?

Thanks again for your kind help with this issue.

Best regards,

--Ander Garmendia
Moving those few exception videos to a different folder would allow the actions suggested above. XBMC assumes that a folder you marked as "Movies" will contain movies.
To make it get rid of the bad movies you need to modify the advancedsettings.xml file to tell it to clean the library after an update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two questions for which I haven't found answers yet...0