Question about ION Hardware acceleration in XBMC
Hi,

I already use XBMC since it first came out. Of course I replaced my Xbox with a pretty powerful HTPC, but I'm wondering if I could replace it with a small ION based box.

I know the Geforce 9400 got hardware acceleration for Videos, and should still run 1080p content smooth. But what does this really mean?

Is only like one codec supported? x264, or does it work on all Videos and all File Formats? I have a lot of Anime content, some is pretty old, so the range goes from mpeg1 to mpeg2, DivX, Xvid, Ogg, some other exotic stuff, up to x264 (the newer ones). Will all those run on an Nvidia Ion GPU?

Also most of those movies have softsubtitles (ogg, mkv container), I don't know if this will impact performance or not, just wanted to mention it.
ION/GF8x00/GF9x00 decode h.264, VC1 and mpeg2 in hardware

ION2/G210/GT220 decode h.264, VC1, mpeg2 and DivX/XviD in hardware

hardware decoding is only relevant for HD content, SD is done in software since even an Atom can do that easily.
Thanks, that sounds good. I should aim for an ION2 Plattform then. I really want to get rid of my 2.8Ghz HTPC I build especially for XBMC a few years back (before ION).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about ION Hardware acceleration in XBMC0