Acer Revo 3610
So today in searching around I found a great price on a revo 3610-U9022 Nettop. $249 with HD, OS, RAM

The only issue is it's a refurbished version. Not sure if that's a big deal or not but anyway.

Also the other issue I see is on top of the nettop I need to shell out for a remote.

My only interest is to get XBMC setup and working, maybe have a "dual boot" scenario where I can access Win 7 for browser, msn, skype.

They do a 1600 too for $169 also refurbished but that's only $80 difference and hardly seems worth cheaping out such a small difference.

Also I don't have any full BR rips but either way I have a CAT6 wired network with a gigabit capable router.

Thoughts please?
running on a revo 3610 here, OSX Snow Leopard, Windows 7, and XBMC in my boot menu, all run like a dream, very recommended box to get Smile

I have a android phone, so I use that as a remote for xbmc Smile
I have a BlackBerry Sad wish I had an android though.
Here is the deal for everyone else, Revos are hard to come by:

http://shop.revonate.com/ProductDetails....=TechSpecs

poofyhairguy Wrote:Here is the deal for everyone else, Revos are hard to come by:

http://shop.revonate.com/ProductDetails....=TechSpecs

That's because according to rumors (no I don't have a link) there will be ION2 based Revos soon.
Sorry I should have posted the link Smile

In any case I feel that what ion_man says is true. The next big thing is around the corner and if I wait I can probably pick this up for the same price as a 1600 in a couple months.
nickCR Wrote:Sorry I should have posted the link Smile

In any case I feel that what ion_man says is true. The next big thing is around the corner and if I wait I can probably pick this up for the same price as a 1600 in a couple months.

I doubt an ION2 based Acer Revo will be cheaper than the old Revos (ION2 requires 512MB of graphics RAM and the Intel NM10 chip, while the old ION was a complete single-chip-chipset), but yes I expect there will be an ION2 based Revo soon.

(please note: this is just my personal expectation based on some rumors and the fact that it seems logical, don't blame me if Acer changes their mind and abandons the Revo line instead! Wink )
Will the Revo 3610 play 1080p mkv rips over 10GB in size over the LAN?
mkerner129 Wrote:Will the Revo 3610 play 1080p mkv rips over 10GB in size over the LAN?

Yes.

Quote:Will the Revo 3610 play 1080p mkv rips over 10GB in size over the LAN?

Yes, of course with DVDPlayer DXVA2 (hardware acceleration), MKV 1080p CPU load 20-30%

Kwartz
First off thanks, secondly, what about with XBMC live? And does it need to be a nightly build or will the official download 9.11 work?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo 36100