What receivers do you use with the Acer Aspire 1600?
I have an Acer Aspire 1600 with 2 gb of RAM that I currently have XBMC Live installed on. I'm trying to find the perfect receiver for this setup for 1080p video and audio.

I see that some of the receivers out there have problems outputting 5.1 HDMI audio and I don't think the Revo has a capabilities for a Toslink with the 3.5mm jack, does it?

Please chime in with your home theatre receiver and how well they work outputting video/audio from the Revo (troubleshooting problems, or just plug-n-play). I'm hoping to find one that can do this without breaking my college-student budget. Recommendations on 5.1 speakers would be great too.

Cheers,
monmon_4
Well, I had mine working with an Onkyo 606 until the HDMI board burnt out on it. Then I tried a Denon and couldn't get it to complete an HDMI handshake with my revo. The Denon went back and now I have a Pioneer 1020 that I love. I really like that I can run both the HDMI & the analog audio to the same channel. This lets me get the menu sounds and lets me use the acer as an input for the second zone on the receiver (so I can listen to music on the second set of speakers I have out on my deck).
I just did a search and both of those receivers look amazing. But on a college budget it's a bit out of my price range. Are there any receivers that can take both video and audio from the hdmi port in the sub-$300 range?
Yamaha rx series.. (563)

plug and play for me with the right xorg.conf and .asoundrc (have a philips ftv)
I ran the automated bash script that was provided on this page:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068

Will that produce the right xorg.conf?

And then is there a similar post that outlines proper configuration for the .asoundrc? I haven't read up on anything bout that yet.
mikestik Wrote:Yamaha rx series.. (563)

plug and play for me with the right xorg.conf and .asoundrc (have a philips ftv)

I've got a Yamaha also and it seems to work well (RX-V765).
Yeah, I use a Yamaha RX-V1800 with my Revo 3610 and the amp itself plays ball with everything I've got (Revo, Tosh HDDVD player, PS3, WDTV etc etc)...XBMC playing ball perfectly in Linux is another thing Big Grin
Most decoders these days will accept audio over a HDMI connection, its only REALLY cheap ones or old models that don't (they were video only passthrough, nothing to do with the Revo)
Acer Revo 1600
to
Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro II
to
Logitech Z-5500

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What receivers do you use with the Acer Aspire 1600?0