Movie View from video plugin?
Hello,

I wanted to ask how I do it in a video plugin (addon?) to define which listing view it uses - specifically the movie one, and which params i can fill out, etc? To clarify, this is not on an existing plugin, it is a self-written one; I wish to know how to code it into the plugin - not how to do so as user Smile

Any help would be appreciated.
No, you cannot dictate how the view displays, but you can specify the content type to use. If it's a movie one, then setContent to movies. The skin will then make the movie style views available for the user to choose from.

Ofcourse, it's up to the user to decide what they actually want to view the content.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

and the additional info like plot, etc, I can pass along too?
Ofcourse - just set the appropriate properties/infolabels.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Hrm,

I tried it - adding it before the endofdirectory, and although I do get to right click (context menu) into movie information, the view is not available...

Code:
xbmcplugin.setContent(handle=int(sys.argv[1]), content="movies" )
xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(int(sys.argv[1]))

I haven't set any extended information than required - Is there something else I need to do? I am using the sample script from the Tutorial.

Maybe I am not understanding something... any help would be appreciated.

Secondly, I also added sort method to Title (I pass em along alphabetically sorted) however, upon changing it to ascending in the UI, nothing happens.... Is that something that I need to code in python?
Are you running in the plugin in Library mode or regular?

Some views are only available in library mode from my experience.
I am running it in normal mode - How can I turn it into library mode so the view becomes available?
In confluence it is a little check box on the left side. Under "view" and "sort". If it is greyed out then the library is empty.
but is it impossible to force the library/movie view to happen from a video plugin side?
Again, it's up to the skin as to what views they offer in file mode.

And yes, it is impossible for a plugin to force a view (as it should be) as this is the choice of the user.

Well, given that, then instead of a video plugin, i should move over to making a script - as I heard, you do have control over the view, etc under those circumstances? Is this true? Would that solve my problem?

If so, any help to a tutorial how to make a normal "plugin" into a "script" would be appreciated Smile
I strongly recommend against doing that.

Have you tried it from library view?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie View from video plugin?0