[LINUX] 1080p lag with quad core?
I have a Shuttle sg33G5m as my HTPC, running XBMC on ubuntu (i want arch but i have no internet at my home) I tried playing a 1080p video today and it was choppy/having low FPS. I tried a few settings but nothing really fixed it.

Specs:
Intel Q6600 2.4ghz quad core
Intel GMA3100
Intel G33 chipset
Corsair 4GB 800mhz ram
Optical audio
HDMI Video

I would like some help but alas i only get on the internet every couple of days so my replies may be quite slow Sad

tl;dr: I tried playing a 1080p movie but i had really slow FPS on a intel GMA3100 with a quad core CPU.

edit: i have googled my issue and it seems everyone else can play 1080p but not this machine??
Try the windows dharma test builds if possible. They seem more robust than the Linux version, at least on my Revo.
Most people use an nvidia card with VDPAU support to play 1080p.
I play 1080p on a core 2 duo of 2ghz with the GMAX3100 atleast..

Do you get 60fps in gui? Or atleast 30fps
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:I play 1080p on a core 2 duo of 2ghz with the GMAX3100 atleast..

Do you get 60fps in gui? Or atleast 30fps

You are playing heave 1080p material without frame drops @2ghz? I never managed to do that. E.g. the bird scene in planet earth even gave me frame drops with my C2D @3ghz. Anyway I use my nv card with vdpau usually :-)

boba
Well it looks like ill have to stay away from 1080p for a while til i get a new box that supports VDPAU (my other pc with the same specs but a nvidia card + chipset plays just fine so im sure thats the problem) Sad

Thanks guys

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] 1080p lag with quad core?0