Installing something via XBMC Live command line
Total Linux n00b hear, so please go easy. I tried looking for an answer, but it's difficult to put together a search when you have no idea what to search for.

I installed XBMC Live on a Zotac Mag, and have to apply the HDMI audio fix as noted here: http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=co...13&lang=en

I downloaded both required files to a USB drive. I pressed CTR-ALT-F3 to get to the command line and logged in. But I have no idea how to access the USB drive (I disabled nodiskmount), i.e., how to get to the location to see the files and implement the fix. The thing won't even let me see any directories.

Can anyone provide any guidance on how to proceed?

One of you must know where this invalid is going astray!
I don't know about local disk mounting but when you hit a wall, sometimes you can go around it...

An alternative might be to use something like WinSCP to transfer the files via FTP, then login remotely via putty.exe to actually do the work...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
15 or so seconds after the USB stick is inserted, run command 'sudo fdisk -l' to print the disks and partitions. You should see one that is your USB drive. It will probably be something like /dev/sdb. There may or may not be partition table on the device. If so, you will have a /dev/sdb1 or something like that.

Once you know the device name, you can mount it:

sudo mkdir /mnt/usbdisk
sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usbdisk

At that point your files will be in /mnt/usbdisk

It would probably be easier to just save it to your normal desktop computer and use scp to copy it to the xbmc box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing something via XBMC Live command line0