How to Set a preferred language for audio?
Hi,

most of my mkvs contain an englisch and a german soundtrack. When I start playback of an mkv, the english track is always selected. How can I define german as the preferred language? During playback I can save the changed language preset as being the default for all video files, but the next time I start XBMC it switches back to english as default.

I am using the latest nightly build.

Does anyone have an idea?

Cheers,

Chris
... can no one give me a hint how I can define a preferred audio language?

Such a function would be really helpful, I guess not only for me.

Chris
Since it is obviously not possible to define a preferred audio language (will this feauture be implemented in a forthcoming release?), it would be very helpful to have a keyboard shortcut for switching between the different audio streams of a given movie file.

How can I define such a custom shortcut?

I also have to say that I like the Dharma beta for Mac OS very much. Actually, I'm quite impressed.

Chris
I found out how to define my desired custom shortcut:

In the file 'keyboard.xml' I replaced the lines

<a>AudioDelay</a>

with

<a>AudioNextLanguage</a>

Now I have just to press 'a' in order to switch between the different soundtracks of a video file. When I stop playback, quit XMBC, restart XBMC and continue playback, XBMC 'remembers' that I had switched to the german soundtrack.

Is there a configuration file where I can set german as default language? Or some setting like "use track #2, if 2 tracks are available"?

Cheers,

Chris

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Set a preferred language for audio?0