New to XBMC Video question
Hi all

I found xmbc while looking for some media players so decided to check it out. It is a very nice system.

So some questions. I decided to try it out on a system I had laying around and am planning on putting a system together to dedicate it to it. I ran the latest nightly Dharma build for the testing.

My TV is an older RCA wide screen that supports 1080i on DVI, I have not tried on my newer plasma on HDMI yet with 1080P. I ripped a couple SD videos to try it out and have not yet did any of my HD DVD's yet.
The system has a 82945G intel express chipset.

I managed to get a resolution that would calibrate and it played well but I am a little confused with the resolution settings as it seemed like a low res.

I assume I would have to set the card to the TV native resolution or something close but I do not have a 1920x1080 res or anything close that seems to fit the TV.

I also assume this is driven from the monitor type?

The next system I hope to be monitorless in the future with access to my NAS.

Anyhow any insight for a newb would be appreciated.

Thanks for a great media player.
You need to find the native resolution of the tv and set that resolution in windows.
If it's an older tv I doubt that it has a resolution of 1920x1080.
bobo1on1 Wrote:You need to find the native resolution of the tv and set that resolution in windows.
If it's an older tv I doubt that it has a resolution of 1920x1080.

I am going to pull out the manuals but I remember while using a HD cable box it would display 1080i but not 1080P.

The problem I seem to be having is there is no option for a res in windows that high?

Is there a way to invoke all the resolutions the cad supports, maybe the intel graphics does not support it or is this limited to the plug and play monitor tha is installed as it is not a wdiew screen monitor.

Thanks
The TV resolution is probably 1366 x 768 pixels. That seems to be the standard resolution for "HD Ready" TVs, as opposed to "Full HD" which is 1920 x 1080.

A lot of graphics cards have problems displaying 1366 x 768, and you might find 1280 x 768 is the closest you'll get.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to XBMC Video question0