Silverstone Grandia GB04, best choice?
Hey, trying to build my first htpc. Picked out most components I think would make a quiet box, but not sure of the chassi.

Asus AT3IonT-I Deluxe
Intel X25-V G2 40GB
LG CH10LS20
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 PC10600/1333Hz CL9 2GB
Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS 64MB 1TB
Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS 64MB 1TB

My guess is that a dualboot with Win7 + XBMC Live would be the best solution.

Was thinking of a Silverstone Grandia GD04 chassi. Having second thoughts though since I don't think I will be needing 3x120mm fans. Any other, slimmer, cases which can hold 2x3.5" hdd's and one SSD + a bluray?

Any ideas/comments regarding the specs?
i love mine, I current have two 3.5" drives in and will be adding a third here real soon yeah i won't be mounting in the stock location, but with my zotac mobo I have plenty of room. this case is quite and runs cool with the big fans in there.

i have the 05 model it has a bigger dvd drive opening. I don't care for those "slim" drives as they cost more money. plus the 05 was cheaper anyways

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:i love mine, I current have two 3.5" drives in and will be adding a third here real soon yeah i won't be mounting in the stock location, but with my zotac mobo I have plenty of room. this case is quite and runs cool with the big fans in there.

i have the 05 model it has a bigger dvd drive opening. I don't care for those "slim" drives as they cost more money. plus the 05 was cheaper anyways

-=Jason=-

I have 3 x 1TB drives in mine along with an SSD. I love the case and the black aluminum face. The fans are pretty damn quite in this thing. I have to look at the light on the front to see if it is on at times.
avus m3 Wrote:I have 3 x 1TB drives in mine along with an SSD. I love the case and the black aluminum face. The fans are pretty damn quite in this thing. I have to look at the light on the front to see if it is on at times.

could you post a pic of how you have your drives mounted?

I was thinking about using a double sided sticky tape to mount more drives and have them sitting vertical in the case

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:I was thinking about using a double sided sticky tape to mount more drives and have them sitting vertical in the case

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but on some of these HTPC cases with 250W power supplies, if you load up more hdds than the manufacturer intended, do you run the risk of underpowering the drives, therefore increasing the risk of disk failure?

NS
Flomaster Wrote:i love mine, I current have two 3.5" drives in and will be adding a third here real soon yeah i won't be mounting in the stock location, but with my zotac mobo I have plenty of room. this case is quite and runs cool with the big fans in there.

-=Jason=-

Cool. Btw, do I really need a slim drive? Isn't it so that you can use a "normal" dvd, just that the tray is ejecting, while the entire front is showing in the GD05? Oo

/L

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Silverstone Grandia GB04, best choice?0