[OSX] External Display Switch
Hello Everyone,

So I installed the latest nightly build (Dharma beta 1), but I was unable to get XBMC to go to full screen mode on my external display. I am able to put XBMC into windowed mode, and I put it on my external display. Then I attempt to put it to full screen (using the '\' key); and the XBMC window reverts back to my main screen (my macbook pro monitor).

I am new to OSX, so if there is some setting I have to change within OSX, I might beed a little handholding.

I should note that my TV and laptop monitor use different display resolutions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ogi
Ogi010 Wrote:Hello Everyone,

So I installed the latest nightly build (Dharma beta 1), but I was unable to get XBMC to go to full screen mode on my external display. I am able to put XBMC into windowed mode, and I put it on my external display. Then I attempt to put it to full screen (using the '\' key); and the XBMC window reverts back to my main screen (my macbook pro monitor).

I am new to OSX, so if there is some setting I have to change within OSX, I might beed a little handholding.

I should note that my TV and laptop monitor use different display resolutions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ogi

That was tested as working, drag the window to desired display (make sure it's fully on the display), "\" to go fullscreen. The other way is to set fullscreen to the desired display in the system setup.
Hmmm... as I retested it just today, it is now working Huh

If it makes any difference, yesterday when I as trying to pull it up on my external display, I was using the Aeon65 skin, ...today I switched to confluence skin and it worked right away...

Thanks for the reply.
davilla Wrote:That was tested as working, drag the window to desired display (make sure it's fully on the display), "\" to go fullscreen. The other way is to set fullscreen to the desired display in the system setup.

This isn't working for me Sad When I drag the XBMC window to my secondary screen and hit "\" XBMC does fullscreen on my primary monitor instead. This is on Dharma beta 1. I had been hoping for a fix for a long time, since I switch screens often. If you could fix this for Dharma, it'd be MUCH appreciated.
I suggest you fire up XBMC after you hook up your external display (in case that wasn't the case).

Not sure if it makes a difference (probably not), but use the confluence skin when changing windows...

Hope that works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OSX] External Display Switch0