Can XBMC read from an attached NTFS USB/eSata drive
Hi all,

I'm having a senior moment and I can't remember if I can attach an NTFS formatted USB or eSata drive to a computer running XBMC Live and it simply read them and play media from them without problems, can someone remind me please?

Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
no-one?
we can read from anything the os can mount (and yes, it can read ntfs, but not write, atleast not very good).
Yes it should be able to read from ntfs formatted drives that are mounted.. (assuming that xbmc live does not break default behavior) but since its a live distro why not boot it up and see ? or are you looking into buying a new drive and do not have one to test?
great thanks! my grand idea of an Acer Aspire Revo ION based computer with a whopping external hard drive attached to it is looking a go-er then Smile
gorgeth Wrote:Yes it should be able to read from ntfs formatted drives that are mounted.. (assuming that xbmc live does not break default behavior) but since its a live distro why not boot it up and see ? or are you looking into buying a new drive and do not have one to test?

I do have the drive, but not yet the rig i'm hoping for. You have a good idea there, I've never thought of downloading the live image and trying it out on an existing PC! thanks for the thought Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can XBMC read from an attached NTFS USB/eSata drive0