Revo 3610 (ION)+HDMI+SDPIF+(XBMC) tutorial for 5.1 sound?
I have been trying to get my Revo 3610 (Ion) running Lucid (10.08) but I have big problems getting HDMI and SPDIF sound to work.. I have read a number of forums, tried a number of settings/file edits, etc.. I am surprised there is not a set "working" tutorial for getting the sound working on the Revo 3610, as all Revo's share the same hardware..

I did at some stage have 5.1 sound through SPDIF, but no sound through HDMI, but now even that has gone (something must have been updated) - it only gives me stereo.

Does anybody have a working tutorial?

I am happy to upload logs, files, etc, if anybody would like to help me getting this working. I'll post this to get the ball rolling:

xbmc@xbmc-desktop:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
xbmc@xbmc-desktop:~$

I am using XBMC btw, but I guess the first port of call will be to get the sound working under Ubuntu?
I been working on this same issue on my asus ion for like two months.
Over the years of using Linux I have realized not everything is straight forward, but surely getting the sound working on the same hardware should be possible. Smile

If somebody with sound through HDMI and SDPIF on a Revo 3610 (possible 3600 as well?) could post his .asoundrc.txt file, settings in ubuntu (sound preferences), (settings in xbmc), etc, that would be useful.

Also, Revo aside, how do you test your sound in Ubuntu? I remember trying it once, but cant remember the commands.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...controller
I tried the XBMCfreak release with my Asrock ION. And had similar problems. Some sound through HDMI, and other through SPDIF. I don't know if I want to try this beta, jsut yet. At least not until I find a good tut on how to make all sound go through SPDIF.
hudo Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...controller

I would want audio over both HDMI and SPDIF (at the same time) to enable me to listen to audio both on the TV (if kids wants to watch something) (HDMI), or through the amp (for more serious moving watching) (SPDIF).
I have reinstalled 10.04 and have tried a number of different .asoundrc files and settings, my amp detects the source as DTS, however I only get sound from 2 channels (front R+L).

Any helps would be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revo 3610 (ION)+HDMI+SDPIF+(XBMC) tutorial for 5.1 sound?0